LegacyGT.com

Vibration at 55MPH

I have a 2005 LGT 5EAT and have recently developed a vibration that can be felt in the gas pedal. It comes in at 50MPH, fades out at 60MPH, and is most prominent at 55MPH when it also makes a very slight sound. Vibration is cyclical, about once a second for about half a second. Also gets more prominent when turning left in this speed range.

Took it to the dealer, they drove with me and were able to pick up on it, but basically said they would have to tear into the transmission to determine cause. They did check other drive-line components and ruled out wheel bearings and CV joints. Front axles were both rebuilt within the last year.

I suspect that it may be my front diff starting to go, but again, would need to remove and tear into the transmission to verify.

Has anyone here experienced a similar issue? Any things I can check prior to removing the transmission? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Ethan

There have been Propeller shafts where the carrier bearing goes but you can feel that in the center consul if you rest your elbow on it.

Your's sounds like it could the diff. Any transmission repair shop can do the same job for less money. Your car is 12 y/o don't take it to the dealer and pay there high labor rates.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived