LegacyGT.com

4 wheel Alignment Question

Took my 2015 Legacy to the dealer for an alignment Today. I've been noticing a tendency toward a slight pull to the right. After the alignment was completed, the Service Advisor reviewed the alignment results with me (a schematic of the suspension and color coded calibrations of the before and after alignment results). The SA stated "Yeah you can see you really needed that alignment".

I get in the car to drive away and noticed immediately that the steering wheel is way off center to the left and car is pulling at least twice as much to the right than it was, before I brought it in. I headed right back to the dealership.

Long story/short. They took the car back to the tech that did the alignment and after 15 minutes they told me my car was ready. The tech reportedly made the necessary corrections and test drove it along with another tech on the second visit. The car appeared to drive fine on the way home.

My question is: Does it sound like the car is now properly aligned? :confused:

I've had that happen before in an old Scion Tc I had. I took it to the dealer for an alignment, and when I left I immediately knew it was off. The wheel was off center and it was pulling. Whipped a U turn and took it right back in and they gave me a free rental (they were closing when I picked it up). Next day I pick it up and it drives straight as an arrow. Tech said he had no idea what happened and when it came off his rack the alignment was good. I didn't really care since the car drove fine, and it continued to drive fine until I sold it a year later.

Tl;dr: Don't worry about it. It's fine.

Archived