LegacyGT.com

What sway bars can I use on my 08 OBXT 5eat? I'm not sure if any of the mounting brackets or endlinks are different because of its raised height and body spacers

Can I just toss on LGTs sway bars? Are they even worth the effort and cost savings with getting a used set, or should I go beefier?

This is for a daily driver that does some spirited driving. Lowered on Tein Street Basis coilovers, but considering getting a Legacy strut to use with my H&R springs.

Yep, any sway bar for an 05-09 LGT will work. However, I think Outback is 14mm and LGT is 15-16mm. Not worth it. Go beefier. JDM RSB or one of the another ones.

I have a whiteline adjustable 20mm.

I lowered my car on Bilstein HDs and JDM OEM sprigns (softer than pinks), then a few years later added the RSB. It made an amazing difference. One of the best mods I have done to my car (and I have done a lot)

It's expensive though because you really need to look into re-enforcement brackets and the RSB which makes it around $300 new for the whole upgrade. But, that's better then ripping and twisting the OEM mounting points.

If you have exhaust you might have to move the mounts up some so don't be deterred if you put it up there and it doesn't fit. Moving it up is probably better anyway, the less leverage on the bracket to bend. Mine can barely be seen anymore cause its tucked up good.

Archived