LegacyGT.com

Comparison review of safety systems?

I've read tons of reviews on all sort of vehicles. But I have yet to see a comprehensive review of the various manufacturers safety systems. Is there one, will there be one?

Besides being camera based, how does Subaru Eyesight stack up against the others?

I've read tons of reviews on all sort of vehicles. But I have yet to see a comprehensive review of the various manufacturers safety systems. Is there one, will there be one?

Besides being camera based, how does Subaru Eyesight stack up against the others?

IIHS reviews them annually.

Maybe Consumer Reports will do a comparison, but I don't work for them, so no idea when and if they will do it.

From personal experience, which is limited, Eyesight is better than Acurawatch in that Acurawatch adaptive cruise only works at highway speeds.

Although Eyesight can get disabled by poor visability (in driving rain, the one and only time my system went off more than briefly). A radar backup system for poor visability to prevent frontal collisions would be a good addition (though probably expensive)

I haven't tested my Subaru vs her RDX in a collision (and am actively trying to avoid that), so I can't give you feedback there, but NHTSA and IIHS do testing for that.

It's my understanding that these have been on the road longer, hence more time for improvement and fine tuning. Are you shopping for a new car?

Yep & ACC is one of those must have features, now that I've experienced it on a couple of test drives.

The other plus in theory, that the Eyesight is not in harm's way in a minor fender bender. Therefore not as costly to repair.

Archived