LegacyGT.com

05 LGT front caliper seized, 03 wrx calipers avail

05leggygtltd

My front caliper seized up on me and I have available to me some cheap 03 wrx calipers. I know the answer is already out there somewhere but I have information oversaturation at this point.

I'm just wondering if it would be a worthy upgrade seeing as to how I plan on doing the rotors and pads soon anyway. I realize that the rears are probably not compatible without some work or an adapter, but are these 2 pots worth the hassle over my 1 pots?

Obviously buying a $70 replacement caliper and swapping it out is easier and cheaper, but I hate to miss a chance at an upgrade that'll only cost slightly less than the maintenance I'll be doing anyway.

For the record, I dont track or really do anything out of the ordinary. Some minor work and a tune has me at 260 hp so I'm not in need of much.

Thanks in advance

My front caliper seized up on me and I have available to me some cheap 03 wrx calipers. I know the answer is already out there somewhere but I have information oversaturation at this point.

So if the information is spoon-fed to you, you're no longer over-saturated? :lol:

The problem is that the information you've gorged on is erroneous. Best to forget everything and start over, with a good search ;)

I'm just wondering if it would be a worthy upgrade

Not an upgrade. Your LGT brakes > WRX brakes.

but are these 2 pots worth the hassle over my 1 pots?

You currently have 2-pots already.

Some minor work and a tune has me at 260 hp so I'm not in need of much.

Your stock brakes are fine. Replace the caliper and get on with enjoying the car!

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Archived