LegacyGT.com

cat is dead *meow*: test pipe or other options?

There's your problem. There is a nest of tiny tiny bees in your tail pipe. ;)

Ouch.

Haha yeah those damn bees were clogging my exhaust. Barely had any power and made the worst rattle.

BTW I do not have the flex connection after the second cat and although I would prefer the factory connection it works fine. My new front converter arrives wednesday. Using all stainless bolts this time as well and fixed some crappy welds that were leaking from the exhaust shop.

I got the DNA on my car they sounds great with my borla muffler.

I love my DNA headers. They're Borla knockoffs, but they sound great, especially with my axle back deleted. I did have a small fitment issue where they didn't line up perfect with the heads, but nothing a little bit of brute force couldn't resolve. They didn't line up with the cat connection, so I had to unbolt the cats from the hanger and loosen the flared connection to the catback so that I could maneuver the two parts together. Seeing as they were meant for the 99-01 2.5 RS, I didn't expect 100% fitment.

hmm hopefulyl it fits well on my car. ill force it to go on, but i also hate doing that

The only caution I have on forcing them is to look at the welds on the joints. If they're nice even and clean welds, there won't be any issue with cracking. If the welds are sketchy, I'd have them rewelded. Before I bought my headers, I read tons of reviews. They were largely mixed negative and positive, but the biggest complaint were the quality of the welds. I took a shot in the dark that the issues were since resolved, as most of the negative reviews were several years old, and I was right. They look to be very beautifully welded and super strong. I used a ratchet strap to pull them further apart to fit on the car and it was perfect.

Archived