LegacyGT.com

07 AT Slip and Slam 2nd into 3rd

Hecubus

I've tried searching for an answer, but have come up empty.

During normal driving, while in 2nd gear, at about 3k RPM the transmission slips and the RPMs race up to 5-6k until you let off the gas. Once the RPMs come down to about 2500, it will finally shift to 3rd, and when it does the transmission will slam into 3rd.

If you let off the gas completely at about 3K, it will shift into 3rd as it should. Which can be a pain when going uphill.

It doesn't matter if you are driving easy or hard. If you use sport shift it doesn't occur.

I've replaced the trans filter, and drained/refilled the fluid.

I tried using FreeSSM to look for errors (none) and doing a reset.

Anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

I would guess either the clutch pack is done or you have low line pressure for whatever reason. How did the fluid look?
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

It doesn't matter if you are driving easy or hard. If you use sport shift it doesn't occur.

This is a symptom of most, if not all 5EAT's when using the D function. If you step off the throttle and back on at certain RPMs, you'll catch it midshift and the inevitable buck will occur. I'd suggest using the manual shift exclusively.

The filter only needs to be replaced if corrosion or leaks are present. Do you know what type/brand of fluid is in there? When were the spark plugs last changed?

I replaced the filter since the car has 188,000 miles on it. The fluid wasn't bad, a dirty red. I put in Castrol Transmax.

Finding a solution only changes whether I try to trade it in or sell out right. I really don't want to sell it to someone with the trans that way.

Thanks for the responses.

Dark or dirty red suggests you have a fair bit of friction material loose in there.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Archived