LegacyGT.com

Is this normal?

This is where my coolant level was today after driving home with the car at operating temperature and off. I've never added any and have never paid much attention to it when the car is hot. f10fc4e6641af21aa9cbc830cd0714a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you do the work yourself, it can easily be a $500 job assuming you don't need the timing kit again and you add arp studs.

I figure I will be doing this in the near future. I may have to mask it as some crazy kind of maintenance, lol. I really need to before something let's loose in my car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The markings on the bottle are for cold measurements. It's going to expand and read high at operating temperature.

When the car is cold, open the radiator cap and see if there is an air pocket. If there is, top it off and check it again after driving it a week or so. If the air pocket comes back you'll know you've got a problem.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/add-me-gt-head-gasket-failure-list-255946.html?t=255946

When my head gasket went, the coolant bottle would overflow after 10 miles on the highway.

Still under the 5/60 powertrain warranty? With a 2012 there's a chance you are... mine was fixed at 59k miles.

The markings on the bottle are for cold measurements. It's going to expand and read high at operating temperature.

When the car is cold, open the radiator cap and see if there is an air pocket. If there is, top it off and check it again after driving it a week or so. If the air pocket comes back you'll know you've got a problem.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/add-me-gt-head-gasket-failure-list-255946.html?t=255946

When my head gasket went, the coolant bottle would overflow after 10 miles on the highway.

Still under the 5/60 powertrain warranty? With a 2012 there's a chance you are... mine was fixed at 59k miles.

Wish I'm at 77k. Checked temp while driving today with AP and stayed right around 190. Coolant bottle still over full this morning after driving to work. I ll have to check the radiator once it has cooled. Was thinking about picking up a test kit on the way home but from what I'm reading some of the people with blown gaskets here checked out ok with the test so notaries where to go from here. I would assume it's just starting so maybe only underboost is it leaking. Just changed the oil a couple weeks ago and it wasn't milky so I don't believe it's getting on there.

check your oil?

Oil is fine. Checked tonight when cold overflow went down a little but is still way avove the full mark. Popped radiator cap and it was full with fluid couldn't see fins or anything. Did any of you notice reduced power when your head gaskets were on the way out?

Take enough coolant out of the overflow tank when it's cold to put it at the F level. Turkey basters work good. Monitor every day, at the end of the day when you pull into the garage, and in the morning before you leave for work. Report back after a week. I suspect everything is fine and that someone at a shop filled it up too much.

I haven't had it in the shop since I've owned it. It's my fault I should have been paying better attention but I usually always check things when the engine is cool and not hot. I haven't heard any of the sloshing sound others have reported. I think I ll try what gteaser said and take some out and keep an eye on it. I ran it a little hard today and tried to look for bubbles in the tank but didn't see anything. I ll have time Sunday to "suck some juices out after I get out of the shower" and will report back.

Archived