LegacyGT.com

Please help! Need advice!

LiamC123

hi there,

I am currently looking for a good Subaru for a daily driver..... and i recently found this.... and opinions? and advice? Is it a good buy? How much to replace the things he has listed? (I am mechanically inclined and can do the work myself if its not to challenging)

Please keep in mine this is in Alberta, Canada ( CAD currency)

Anything helps!

Thanks! :)

- LiamC123

What the ADD says:

2005 Legacy "STI"

I really need it gone. Parking is limited and I don't need 2 Subarus! Very motivated to sell.

Thanks

Full STI Swap + 6 Speed Swap.

Built ej257 (360whp) includes:

-Forged Pistons/Rods

-Brian Crower .280" Cams

-Tomei UEL Header/Turbo

-Perrin Front Mount Intercooler

-AEM Water/Meth Injection

-ID1300 Injectors

-TGV Deletes

-Cobb AP V3 (tuned by Airboy)

-OSGiken GT clutch

-Megan coilovers

-Hak7 winters

204k on car, 25k on motor and 125k on tranny!

The car isn't perfect, but it's fast.

Needs:

-front crank seal installed

-power steering pump installed

-possibly a ball joint

Link to actual ADD:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/05-legacy-sti/1256351902?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

939538161_Legacy.jpg.e80d27050c1fe5bf6891f8f0110c81dc.jpg

1659692098_Legacyengine.jpg.7d453ed647234657688146218256e415.jpg

Usually highly modified vehicle where the modifications were done by previous owner don't make the best daily drivers especially if your newbie to that brand and setup. A mechanic or yourself is going to spending time research what was done and you could find issues that weren't done right. It also doesn't help that it needs work and you wouldn't be even starting off in a good place. Those are relatively minor issues for someone who is mechanically inclined, so why isn't the seller fixing them? Could their be other issue lurking or that the seller hasn't disclosed. The car is probably better suits for buyer who want a project or has some experience modified turbo Subaru's.

You want transportation, but are looking at a project car...keep moving a long. ^^this guy knows whats up, you don't put that much effort into a car and just dump it...fishy at best. And a simple fix like a crank seal...really. For a couple hundred bucks you can upgrade the oil pump and the crank seal is already fitted, simple repair and for the price I would expect at least a leak free powertrain. Less than 25k miles and the crank seal goes...hmmmm so what else is it going to need.

For sale: My personal project. I learned a lot building this, but now my problems can be your problem. I need it gone so I don't get reminded what a money pit it has been. How 'bout those green hoses, eh?

P.S. My new car is an actual STI. I decided to go for the real thing.

For a project car, maybe. As a daily driver, not a very promising choice, as others have already said.

It's not so much that you might be unable to fix any problems that arise, it's the likelihood of downtime that would cause you issues. Downtime on a daily driver is not ideal at all.

For a reliable DD, look to the lower mileage N/A Subarus. You're better served with something inexpensive to purchase and inexpensive to maintain.

Personally, if I had extra garage space, I would check out (and likely snag) this ride. Has all telltale signs of being lightly driven by a senior.

2000 Legacy GT, 5MT, N/A, 85k miles, listed at $5.2k USD

https://www.dgdg.com/inventory/used-2000-subaru-legacy-gt-limited-awd-4d-sedan-4s3be6561y7203606

Calgary and Edmonton are mod-heavy cities. At any time of the year there are multiple LGT/WRX owners competing for their sale. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the original post reeks of flame-bait and a few our regular posters unknowingly supported the cause.

Archived