LegacyGT.com

AC drain line location

I'm getting a bit of a musty smell from the vents after I run the AC and I want to put this product in to clean it:

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/LBGA/96030/N0442.oap

I've had good results with a similar product on my previous car. Does anyone know where the AC drain line comes out and if it's possible to access it from the top without jacking up the car?

I have a 2015 3.6.

Be careful when cleaning the AC system.

My 2013 Cadillac ATS had a similar problem with a musty garbage smell blowing as soon as the AC compressor was turned on. I took it to the dealer. They "cleaned" the AC system. The smell after was worse and unbearable; it gave me an immediate headache.

Service manager denied it was an issue until he sat in the car for 5 minutes with the air on. I had a month left on the lease and they offered me a loaner car for the duration.

I had the same smell every time after using the AC and solved it by changing the cabin filter. It was filthy and full of leaves. No wonder it should be changed every 2 oil changes or so.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

It's bacteria/mold. The last five minutes of each ride turn off recirc and let fresh air run through your system.

To clean the current smell, remove your car air filter and toss.

Pop the hood. Start the car. Open all windows. Set a/c to max. Click off recirc.

As it's blowing spray lysol into the intake under the hood for a minute. Run air a minute. Switch to heat. Spray lysol for a minute. Run a minute. Switch to defrost. Spray lysol. Run for a minute. Install NEW cabin air filter.

Should clean up that smell once you stop smelling lysol.

Archived