LegacyGT.com

Source for Wheel Boxes?

hal9e3

First thing I want to say - always, always, ALWAYS save your boxes if you buy new wheels. You'll be thankful down the line when you sell them. On that topic, does anyone know of a good source for wheel boxes? I'm not talking about a box a wheel will fit in, I'm talking about a box specifically designed to ship a wheel with the upper and lower cardboard inserts. Forget Uline, U-Haul, and all the rest, they don't make boxes specific for wheels, and most of the big online box suppliers have a 25 unit minimum. And yes, I can call around to local tire stores and MAYBE find the right size but Discount Tire, for one, breaks theirs down and throws them away as soon as they sell a set. Anybody got the hookup?

Can always wrap cardboard around them with the reusable straps.

Too much trouble:D Now that I've got my first collection I'm hoping I won't need to many more but I know where to go get them.

• 2 weeks later...
I made friends with the dudes at the local tire and wheel shop. Any time I need wheel boxes I stop by to let them know what I need and they put them to the side for me and give me a call. All the protective coverings and cardboards are always there.

Archived