LegacyGT.com

Recent stock rebuild 3,970+ miles. boost problems when wot, need help!!!

I have noticed a few things. When wot from a stop car will reach 15psi through 1st, and 2nd, but in 3rd it will float from 10-13 back and fourth(5eat). From a roll my car is reaching 20 psi and will stay there till the car hits a fuel cut and throws a cel for p0244. Already replaced the solenoid and checked the vacuum lines and it is still doing the same. I dont even know what the car is capable of hell i've only owned it a month. The previous owner did the rebuild and i bought the car from him. Any help is greatly appreciated.

IMO your going to want to talk with a tuner and maybe have a street tune done, just to make sure everything is safe.

Keep on eye on oil usage.

Another guy you may find helpful is, http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/covertrussians-05-lgt-build-thread-218363.html

He's good with some stuff...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I thought about that but I've never heard of a stock car needing a tune? Do you mean like a cobb tuner? I dont want to drop it off at the dealer I would rather use that money on upgrades and I would really like to fix it on my own. Car actually hasnt used any oil as of yet but it only has 4,200 on the new engine. Thanks again for your time and info. Anything else you can think of please let me know

Just for fun, can you post a photo of your engine without the engine cover on?

The max boost target in the stock tune is 13.54 psi, so if you're seeing 20 then either the tune isn't stock, or there's something wrong. The P0244 code probably means something is actually wrong.

How are you measuring boost (Cobb AP, physical gauge, phone app, laptop, etc).

If you have an android device I highly recommend the BtSsm app. It's awesome.

BtSsm is an AWESOME app for android devices that allows you to monitor everything going through your car's ECU. The app is very affordable, and there are several (hardware) options for how to connect your phone to the car.

BtSsm thread is here.

I'm not associated with the app at all; I just really, really, like it!

Archived