LegacyGT.com

Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

So I heard the 2018 is going to come Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Has anyone heard whether or not the head-unit from the 2015-2017 are going to get a software update to add that functionality?

I really love my 2016, but that single feature is my only regret. Really hoping there's a way to get support in the older 6th gens.

So I heard the 2018 is going to come Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Has anyone heard whether or not the head-unit from the 2015-2017 are going to get a software update to add that functionality?

I really love my 2016, but that single feature is my only regret. Really hoping there's a way to get support in the older 6th gens.

That's quite a disappointment considering Mazda is retrofitting the software as far back as their 2014 cars.

Thanks for the info guys! Unfortunately it was exactly as I expected. Considering the poor hardware performance of the 2015-2017 models I really didn't think they could run the new software.

That's quite a disappointment considering Mazda is retrofitting the software as far back as their 2014 cars.

Thanks for the info guys! Unfortunately it was exactly as I expected. Considering the poor hardware performance of the 2015-2017 models I really didn't think they could run the new software.

i don't think the question is if the head unit can run car play or not although some seem to think it requires a specific chip, which I doubt. the issue is Subaru will not make a software update available nor the ability to swap out head units.

I have the ALpine iLX-107 on order. It has wireless CarPlay (via wifi) should ship soon.

Start tweeting to Subaru USA and if more then enough customers complain they would change the mind or 'might' do something about it.

If they provide retrofit of old cars, people would easily spend till 1K. If Subaru thinks people would change car for Apple carplay then hardly less then 1% will do. But if they put it on for 1K that's extra money from all their existing customers from 2015 models.

Start tweeting to Subaru USA and if more then enough customers complain they would change the mind or 'might' do something about it.

If they provide retrofit of old cars, people would easily spend till 1K. If Subaru thinks people would change car for Apple carplay then hardly less then 1% will do. But if they put it on for 1K that's extra money from all their existing customers from 2015 models.

I, for one, would love to have apple CarPlay but I can assure you that I would NEVER spend $1K to get it...nor do I feel most sane people would either.

Archived