LegacyGT.com

Jdm accessories?

I've been looking into miscellaneous jdm accessories such as the kouki headlights, fog lights, and tail lights. Random pieces I would also like are the jdm climate control and things such as that. The only issue I'm finding is where the hell do I find items such as these? They seem so rare but on ebay the shipping is like 140$ on top of another 140$ anybody have some experience or websites I should look in to?

They pop up every once and a while on our for sale section and if you have the time to translate web pages, you can get onto japans ebay, you'll just have to use your body code to find stuff, unless you happen to know japanese. Also do some searches to see if you have any jdm importers near you, when I did this I found 3 of them within 10 minutes of me so I made a trip day of visiting them all, but as it turns out, most of them don't choose their inventory so they won't know if/when they'll get what you want.

id like a few parts that are only used in japan as well, mainly because they look better than the options given here. no need to spout off and call someone a ricer for asking questions about different parts they are trying to find

id like a few parts that are only used in japan as well, mainly because they look better than the options given here. no need to spout off and call someone a ricer for asking questions about different parts they are trying to find

Every once and awhile you can find a JDM warehouse that will import stuff. The one I bought my *Stuff* from was LSwansgarage They seem legit but Idk my stuff hasn't been packed into the crate yet, I expect it to take about 1-2 months before it arrives in the US Let alone my house.

And as twisty said, no need hate. The gen 2 community is one of the nicest car groups I have found. Let's keep it that way...

Every once and awhile you can find a JDM warehouse that will import stuff. The one I bought my *Stuff* from was LSwansgarage They seem legit but Idk my stuff hasn't been packed into the crate yet, I expect it to take about 1-2 months before it arrives in the US Let alone my house.

And as twisty said, no need hate. The gen 2 community is one of the nicest car groups I have found. Let's keep it that way...

I am not a JDM fan boy by any means but they do have some nicer stuff, such as the one piece projector lights, they're great for doing an HID conversion and they look a little nicer than the usdm 2 piece ones. I don't care that it came from japan, it could have been a one market production for south Africa for all I care.

I am not a JDM fan boy by any means but they do have some nicer stuff, such as the one piece projector lights, they're great for doing an HID conversion and they look a little nicer than the usdm 2 piece ones. I don't care that it came from japan, it could have been a one market production for south Africa for all I care.

I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one to look at the headlights at night and realize their a little dim yet not want to be that guy that runs HID in a halogen housing. I'm solely interested in jdm lightning simply because it looks better and it's brighter for sure

I completely get the genesis of this topic, having lived with the same issues on my 98 BD LGT. And, for those of us who are 2nd Gen owners, we understand that the OP has a valid reason for seeking upgrades for his.

So, let's keep it on topic, and keep the personal affrontery out of the discussion.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I love JDM parts. The fact that the Japs got the badass grilles and projector headlights is enough for me to want them. The RFRB grille is a rare and hot item. Currently, there is a handful of them on eBay. They're tempting me....stop me...must...have...RFRB grille....

I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one to look at the headlights at night and realize their a little dim yet not want to be that guy that runs HID in a halogen housing. I'm solely interested in jdm lightning simply because it looks better and it's brighter for sure

I run LED bulbs in my stock halogen housing and have a very nice cut off. They don't scatter the light like HID's do and they are brighter than HID's.

I got the Silverstar ultra lights that are about 40 bucks. Seemed like a lot as the first for a bulb but the difference in lighting is significant over factory for me

Yeah setnev I feel, that rfrb grill looks much more aggressive especially if you have some Hella supertones right behind it. Some days I will get the head lights and fog lights along with the grill

The ultras are good bulbs and if memory serves, they are 3800k-3900k so you get a whiter light than standard bulbs (3100k) but they tend to burn out within a year of use, just from what my customers tell me (I work at a part store that sells them)

Yeah I heard the same, my package says 5500, I used to have 5k HID in my impreza and they were bright as hell.

Ultimately I just want to get those projector headlights, first place I should look being websites or a jdm importer if I have any?

There are a good number of importers around Portland and I'm sure there are others near you, but you can also get them on eBay but like you said, shipping is usually astronomical. If I were you'd I'd keep using Ultras or Silverstar bulbs until you can find a projector set and then get a HID kit from Retrofitsource.com

Archived