LegacyGT.com

Oil pressure switch location question

The front one by the dipstick and oil filler neck.

Is this threaded into the block or the head?

Ive seen people saying both in threads and 2 shops just acted as if im retarded for thinking its the head

But to me it LOOKS like thats the top of the head

yes it is but the technical name is different but it does the same thing. the oil pressure switch is above the crank right next to the oil pump.

the other oil pressure switch you are referring to is the OCV (oil control valve)

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/type_1/engine/cylinder_head/illustration_3/

its 6,8,9,10,12 right?

the OCV deals with the VVL (Variable Valve lifting) when its suppose to change to the larger lobes and change the valve lift slightly. its almost like Vtec in hondas if you are more similar with those. its threaded into the head you are correct. and the different lobe changes are dependent with oil pressure.

the other oil pressure switch just reads what is right out of the pump and i believe that is what the oil pressure light is dependent on, if you have ever primed a motor before you let it run off the starter till that light goes off, then plug your fuel pump fuse in and spark plugs and start it up.

hope this points you in the right direction

Oooo so THATS why they had a bad attitude i was technically wrong.

Even subaru called it the oil pressure switch.

Are they the same part just different locations?

They gave me an oil pressure switch to put in there cuz it was leaking. If its a different part that would explain why it wouldnt stop leaking

And Rusty im far from familiar with Honda lol dont like em. But i do know about the VVL somewhat.

Just didnt know about the switches being different i guess

they seem to be the same part in my 09 (you made me curious and it just rolled into the drive way when i looked at this) but the top connections are different on mine, so i think you would be able to install it in the wrong spot but it wouldn't be able to be hooked up properly, at least for my 09. did you try to RTV, or Fujibond the threads first?

Well they gave me an oil pressure switch and it worked just fine in mine.. just wouldnt stop leaking im assuming someone over tightened it and cracked the head just a tiny bit.

Mostly because every day id throw another turn on it when i saw it was still leaking and it ended up cracking the head pretty good before it ever stopped leaking so yeah ill be putting a new head in lol yayyy

I tried some permatex medium threadlocker

Archived