LegacyGT.com

Second left front wheel bearing

Pop the ball joint out of the control arm and get the axle out of the knuckle/hub/bearing. Pop the ball joint back in and hit them bolts with an impact.

This by far is the best tool I have purchased from harborfreight,

http://t.harborfreight.com/3-4-quarter-inch-forged-ball-joint-separator-99849.html

Can also use the 20% off coupon with it and fre item!

joe r

$61 for the pair, it's worth it for the guaranty.

Specifications:

• Comes as a PAIR
    • Fits both LH (Driver Side) & RH (Passenger Side) REAR

[*]Direct replacements

[*]Replaces dealer part numbers: 28473AG00B, 28473AG00A, 28473-AG00B, 28473-AG00A

[*]4 Bolt Flanges

[*]Fits 5 Lug Wheels

[*]Studs already installed

[*]Built to strict quality control standards

10 Year Warranty

Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a 10 Year Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will replace the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser.

Something to note about wheel bearings for this car - depending on the brand, the magnetic strip might not align with the ABS wheel speed sensor on the car. This will throw the ABS light and disable cruise control. There are threads that have brands known to work with the ABS sensors somewhere on the forum.

I had this issue when I changed one out on my last LGT - the shop had to take the new one they put in out and try a different brand because the first wasn't working with the ABS sensor.

Pulled the rear driver side hub off this past weekend and found the main nut to the drive shaft was caked with grease, finding that the seals on the previous bearings failed. New hub bearing installed and the hum sound down the freeway is gone.

Didn't fix the clunky sound as I discovered the rear diff bushings are all torn up, causing the diff to bang under heavy cornering and shifting. Another project. :mad:

My wife's balls are delicious.

Stopped by a local mechanic's yesterday, this guy did the emissions test on the Spec B last week, he seemed to know a little about Subaur's.

So I told him I have a Hub assembly and asked if he'd be willing to replace it.

He asked "which brand did I buy", I told him Timken, he said good, we'll do it then. He know's about the issues.

Will drop it off Thursday evening.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Stopped by a local mechanic's yesterday, this guy did the emissions test on the Spec B last week, he seemed to know a little about Subaur's.

So I told him I have a Hub assembly and asked if he'd be willing to replace it.

He asked "which brand did I buy", I told him Timken, he said good, we'll do it then. He know's about the issues.

Will drop it off Thursday evening.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

So the comment when I walked in to pick up the car, "that car is tastefully done, that's not your first turbo car is it, it drives so nice and runs great".

Told them who the Tuner was, "oh, that's why" was the reply.

Nice to have it back.

Archived