LegacyGT.com

Anyone here own or know about foresters?

Just bought a 2007 Forester for my gf. Cant seem to find a good forum for them. NASIOC keeps telling me i need to do stuff before im allowed to post stuff -_- and the forester.org one doesnt have a sign up spot that i can find. this is where i post all my stuff here so thats where i started

Just bought a 2007 Forester for my gf. Cant seem to find a good forum for them. NASIOC keeps telling me i need to do stuff before im allowed to post stuff -_- and the forester.org one doesnt have a sign up spot that i can find. this is where i post all my stuff here so thats where i started

Its essentially an Impreza the 07 is a good looking year IMO.

We're happy to help where we can. I visit the Forester.org board every now and then. Isn't this the sign-up page:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/register.php

They do have some restrictions and limits on the free memberships, but it's still OK, I think.

Whoa lol love that you guys just hopped right in to help. Appreciate it.

I think its a pretty good looking ride myself also (:

Well i did manage to find the register option in the .org forum (doesnt show in mobile version apparently)

As for my issues, nothing engine related besides oil leaking (pressure switch and filter gasket thing)

It doesnt have a key fob and if i unlock and open the door with the key the alarm goes off.

When i start the car the drivers seatbelt chime is constantly dinging even if im outside the car (my leggy doesnt do that so figured it was weird)

Air bag light is on

Passenger side airbag lights NEVER come on at all except when they light up at start up.

Passenger side seatbelt chimes NEVER sound either.

Figures id get a vehicle with issues that i have no idea what im doing with id rather have issues under the hood honestly lol

Sounds like it may have an aftermarket alarm system, you'll have to have a look around under the dash and behind the radio to see if you see anything that isn't factory. And perhaps the connectors under the passenger seat have come apart. Check that the seat wiring is connected to the car.

Is there a reason people need to turn it off? Seriously its more work than not wearing the damn belt lol plus it keeps you from being fined

A reminder would be ok, say a gentle ping every minute or so. That chime nags you to death, it just goes on too long and will not shut up. Maybe you pulled off to the side of the road to make a phone call, or get something from the back seat. People on the other end of the phone call will ask 'is something wrong with your car?'. ;)

I really don't want my car to be like a drill sergeant. The way it should work IMHO is it should remind you GENTLY every minute three or four times, then shut the hell up since you have been reminded already and chose not to use the seatbelt for your own good reasons. Since it does not do that, I disabled the alert all together.

Whoa lol love that you guys just hopped right in to help. Appreciate it.

I think its a pretty good looking ride myself also (:

Well i did manage to find the register option in the .org forum (doesnt show in mobile version apparently)

As for my issues, nothing engine related besides oil leaking (pressure switch and filter gasket thing)

It doesnt have a key fob and if i unlock and open the door with the key the alarm goes off.

When i start the car the drivers seatbelt chime is constantly dinging even if im outside the car (my leggy doesnt do that so figured it was weird)

Air bag light is on

Passenger side airbag lights NEVER come on at all except when they light up at start up.

Passenger side seatbelt chimes NEVER sound either.

Figures id get a vehicle with issues that i have no idea what im doing with id rather have issues under the hood honestly lol

Is oil leaking on top of the engine or from the filter plate or both?

It should have an immobilizer somewhere on/in the car unless you have the integrated key. Even if you program a fob to unlock the doors its not the same as pairing it to the immobilizer (at least that is how it is for the Legacy)

Sounds like the previous owner hacked the various chimes and fobs etc etc to make it run I would def check for an alarm system and any "custom wiring" :redface:

I had the same question about the oil leak but i was thinking it was from the oil switching solenoid valve or the variable valve lifting oil pressure switch thing both are on the driver side right by the cam sensor, my 09 forester is leaking from that little cluster, and filler neck, and valve cover the whole driver side is a mess, this warm weather will get me motivated to do it soon though.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/final-disable-seat-belt-chime-52672p5.html

ill just leave this here so when your gf starts nagging, you can fix her... i mean the car.

its the same procedure for the forester. see

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f77/last-thread-seatbelt-chimes-17413/index5.html

Thanks Rusty for that info Rusty. Saves me the hassle of searching (: throw a picture of your oil leak in here if you want to. Myself or others can tell you what it is.

As for the oil leaks its for sure leaking from the oil pressure switch i can see that and i just fixed it.

They had the mechanic at the dealership investigate before purchase cuz i found the leak during my test drive.

He's the one that said its leaking from the filter gasket area also. Ima just take it to subaru for an oil change and see what they say lol

Soo what do i do about the immobilizer? I have to program a fob to that or get a $374848 integrated key lol

I gotta get something goin.. we cant lock the doors right now without an alarm everytime we open it. Even tried leaving JUST the drivers door unlocked

Where do you think the aftermarket wiring would be for such things? Any idea what i should be looking for?

Wth man this thing looks like an old lady vehicle (that baby blue with light tan cloth interior) why people gotta be messin with it

Just left Subaru after chattin with my usual guy for like 45mins lol (slow today)

He says the alarm thing isnt an uncommon problem something stupid in the system doesnt let the factory security disengage when unlocking with the key.

BUT he showed me a trick.. if you lock all doors with masyer switch get out and shut it you have 30secs before security is totally engaged so quick unlock door with key shut it and re-lock it with key. All doors locked and security is disengaged so no alarm when you unlock with key.

He says just get a key fob and no more issues.

Set up an oil change for tomorrow morning they are gonna look out for the oil leaks to see where its coming from.

And i found out whats going on with the airbags and probably the seatbelt chimes. See attached image. It is a picture of under the passenger seat. Looks like it got attacked with a steak knife lol

20170302_123215.thumb.jpg.5fd48a89f48f0be3d24f257a3193cee6.jpg

Do not disable the seatbelt chime. I like everything on my cars to work proper. It's there because people are to stupid to buckle the belt. Where I live It should be mandatory thing. People are dying gall year round, and the last thing on the news or in the paper is they did not have a seat belt on. :confused::eek: Girl died last week, no belt.

My Daily driver (2010 Taurus) will mute the Sat radio, flash the screen, ding, and so on if the belt is not on. So I put it on. Not hard :spin::lol:

Do not disable the seatbelt chime. I like everything on my cars to work proper. It's there because people are to stupid to buckle the belt...
There is a proper way to disable the seatbelt nanny that is not permanent. Subaru even gives you the procedure. To restore the default behavior, you just need to disconnect the battery for a few minutes and hook it back up. So, the next owner can do what they want with it.

Do not disable the seatbelt chime. I like everything on my cars to work proper. It's there because people are to stupid to buckle the belt. Where I live It should be mandatory thing. People are dying gall year round, and the last thing on the news or in the paper is they did not have a seat belt on. :confused::eek: Girl died last week, no belt.

My Daily driver (2010 Taurus) will mute the Sat radio, flash the screen, ding, and so on if the belt is not on. So I put it on. Not hard :spin::lol:

NOW THAT'S ANNOYING lol id disable that immediately makes my car look like angels singing haha well my leggy anyways. Only beeps after 5-10 mph. The forester on the other hand... as soon as you turn the key whether your in it or not

Archived