LegacyGT.com

Radiator? Hoses?

So, driving home the temp shot up and I was billowing clouds of steam behind me. It seems like there is at least one leak from where the middle of the radiator (based on the spots on the ground) and something else on the top of the radiator.

Of course when it's 30 degrees out, everything is steaming so I can't see what's actually leaking. :redface:

Any suggestions on diagnosing what I need to get done would be super appreciated!

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

There are a number of radiator threads on here.

In most cases a stock replacement is fine. My wagon has a big Mishimoto, holds more coolant, I'm not sure its a benefit for a DD.

If my Spec ever needs one, I'll go stock replacement style may be full Al, not plastic tanks.

Replace top and bottom hoses too, from NAPA or a auto parts store.

I use Peak Global or Prestone coolant.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks Max!

I've been reading a few threads and watching some videos on YouTube.

Looking at radiators at Google, and they are fairly cheap(~$120). So I figured I'd get a radiator and hoses, but the Subaru NIB radiator is a bit more than the re-manufactured/re-certified ones!

I have a radiator and hoses on order at SubaruGenuineParts. I would have preferred to go with Heuberger, but I would rather, hopefully, have the parts today instead of next week.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Archived