LegacyGT.com

Booming/distorted bass 2015 Legacy Premium

Hi -

I own a 2015 Legacy (2.5i Premium). With a flat EQ on the stock sound system, on certain music (playing off a USB stick, 320kbps MP3) the bass sounds very boomy and distorted. The only way for it to sound reasonable is to turn the bass down significantly on the first three frequency bands. It sounds really terrible otherwise. And this is not with particularly bass-heavy music.

Am I the only one experiencing this? I already turned off the volume compensation feature (which automatically increases volume depending on car speed) and searched for other features that might help, but no luck. Does the stock sound system just sound this terrible on the 2015 Legacy? Or could I have some issue? The car is still under warranty.

Thanks.

Hi -

I own a 2015 Legacy (2.5i Premium). With a flat EQ on the stock sound system, on certain music (playing off a USB stick, 320kbps MP3) the bass sounds very boomy and distorted. The only way for it to sound reasonable is to turn the bass down significantly on the first three frequency bands. It sounds really terrible otherwise. And this is not with particularly bass-heavy music.

Am I the only one experiencing this? I already turned off the volume compensation feature (which automatically increases volume depending on car speed) and searched for other features that might help, but no luck. Does the stock sound system just sound this terrible on the 2015 Legacy? Or could I have some issue? The car is still under warranty.

Thanks.

I have a 2.5i premium and simply put the stock sound system for our tier just sucks, sucks pretty bad and our only stock upgrade is a damn tweeter (sorry for getting emotional LOL) I am currently looking into an aftermarket upgrade myself but i'm also stuck trying to get some more performance and looks out of my car so i'm spending money all over the place.

1) add amplifier

2) change all the speakers.

Crutchfield.

There is a reason the Harmon Kardon system is an expensive upgrade, it is better than the base stereo. If it makes you feel better, the stereo in my 2015 WRX premium trim also sucked balls.

Archived