LegacyGT.com

Leaky power steering lines?

Noticed during an oil change, i saw some liquid on the bottom plastic tray. Looking down at the drivers headlight this is what I saw. Seems to be the power steering lines? Any way to "tighten" the clamp?

http://i.share.pho.to/652e2af1_l.jpeg

• I Donated Too

I am going to assume you have a 5EAT Automagic LGT?

That there being the washer fluid bottle and power steering being all on the other side, if you follow those lines down they will go to the transmission cooler on the bottom of the radiator and if you go up the other way you would discover a transmission filter hidden behind the battery because it's secret and no one must know it's there... shhhh!

I would spray that all clean first with brake clean and then monitor it to see if you have a real issue or it's just mucky from a very small leak or something else unless you have drips.

Yesterday morning I cleaned the connection area, and the black tray beneath it, and it seems to be a leak that needs to be fixed in the next week or so. Its not fast but there were already drips off the connector this morning.

Is it me or did my leaky connector slide off the "pipe" more than the one next to it?

For a temporary fix can I replace the stock spring hose clamp with a normal hose clamp for a tighter squeeze?

is there liquid pressure in the hose when the car is off?

Yesterday morning I cleaned the connection area, and the black tray beneath it, and it seems to be a leak that needs to be fixed in the next week or so. Its not fast but there were already drips off the connector this morning.

Is it me or did my leaky connector slide off the "pipe" more than the one next to it?

For a temporary fix can I replace the stock spring hose clamp with a normal hose clamp for a tighter squeeze?

It does appear that way. You may want to try cleaning the area (again) and then push the hose on all of the way (as is the other hose) and put the clamp in place. Typically there is a "ridge" at the end of the metal pipe and if the clamp is clamped down around that it may not be dealing properly. Of course I've seen situations where the clamp is placed on the "ridge" in an attempt to offer a tighter seal if the hose / clamp is no longer strong enough to properly seal it on the smooth section of the pipe.

• I Donated Too

It's not particularly high pressure even when it's running. No, when it's off it may drip a bit or whatever is subject to gravity but that's it.

http://images.autoserviceprofessional.com/post/M-SUB02-5-1.jpg

gunu clean, remove hose, put normal hose clamp on, and then re-attach

hopefully there is no split in the hose... driving up with VT this weekend with 3 of my buddies

I've had the same issue, you need to get rid of those clamps since the hose is getting too moist at the connection. You will need to get some worm hose clamps and tighten them down really good. Otherwise, you'll need new hoses. Worm hose clamps is a cheaper investment.
My wife's balls are delicious.

Archived