LegacyGT.com

Airbag light, need it off asap

Okay so I'm due for vehicle inspections in Georgia due to having an out of state issues rebuilt title. Problem is the first thing they check for are safety lights on the instrument cluster. Is there a way to make the light go off? The airbag is fine it was properly replaced when rebuilt but the light is on now. Just need it to stay off for a few hours don't mind if it comes back on, just need to pass inspection.

You need to find out why the airbag light is on and fix the issue rather than just clear it. You'll also likely have to have a dealer do it since it's going to be through their srs module.

Would love to have it fixed but due to time and money constraints probably not the way option for me

And will this still make the light come on as it's supposed to at startup and then go off? Also I see that a lot of this deals with the passenger module, I'm assuming my passenger airbag works because when I have a passenger it illuminates on up top and beeps and shows the seatbelt sign until they actually put it on and goes away but still shows on when they plug in, as it's supposed to.

Are you sure Ga fails inspections for the airbag? I'm pretty sure Houston does not, and googling, neither does Pa.

This could help with your issue, but it's hard to say because an SRS code can be a lot of different things. If you have a soldering iron it's totally worth trying, I will not disagree there, but an airbag light could mean the seat buckle no longer works right, the seat itself no longer has a sensor functioning, the over head console could be bad. It could be the roll center connector.

Ace, have you recently pulled out either seat?

• I Donated Too
The resisters that need soldering are responsible for the airbag light staying on in the dash. I recently fixed my 2.5i - it's not just the passenger airbag light, it's the whole system. It's a quick fix with a soldering iron if you are handy.

Okay so I'm due for vehicle inspections in Georgia due to having an out of state issues rebuilt title. Problem is the first thing they check for are safety lights on the instrument cluster. Is there a way to make the light go off? The airbag is fine it was properly replaced when rebuilt but the light is on now. Just need it to stay off for a few hours don't mind if it comes back on, just need to pass inspection.

Are you sure about this? While the airbag may be fine it may not be operative since the light is on. I seem to recall having read something somewhere that the system is not active when the light is illuminated. Sort of like the flashing cruise control (CC) light when the CEL is illuminated. Even though the CC system is fine the illuminate of the CEL disables it so it will not function. You might want to check to ensure the airbags aren't disabled because of the illuminated SRS light.

A friend of mine replaced his drivers seat in his Impreza recently. He picked up another seat from the junkyard and installed it in his car. However, when he plugged it back in, the air bag light came on and would not go out. After some calls and some research, he found that the air bag has to be programmed to the car's computer. It is like a TPMS sensor and looking for a specifically assigned number to ensure it is the correctly installed air bag.

He ultimately pulled the air bag out of his old seat and installed it in the donor seat and the problem went away.

If that's the problem, you'll have to take it to Subaru and have them program the new number with a SSM system.

Archived