LegacyGT.com

2.5i Sport vs. Limited Ride Quality?

But wait, my limited has HIDs? I thought it was just a projector housing. I can just replace the bulbs? I have a canbus kit in the mail. Lol

That's what I did.

Lighting was lousy in bad weather.

Just did a lamp swap.

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

I don't think all 6th gen limited Legacies have HID's (2017 2.5 they are only included with the optional Eyesight package, they are standard on 2017 3.6), but you can open the hood and figure it out in about 1 minute if you know what to look at.

I have the limited 2016, honestly it feels slow compaired to my old 2.5i 2005

Having owned a 2007 2.5 (same as 2005) there is no way that the 4th gen felt faster than the 6th gen. Even the 5th gen felt faster and more planted.

---

Having owned a 2007 2.5 (same as 2005) there is no way that the 4th gen felt faster than the 6th gen. Even the 5th gen felt faster and more planted.

Well it can certainly feel slow while actually being faster, Butt Dynometers are pretty inaccurate.

Maybe more refined is a better word. I can get to the same speed more comfortably in the 6th gen. :getoffmylawn:

I think Americans in general are spoiled by the availability of high power engines in autos, and the fact that car reviews are done by dudes who routinely drive very expensive cars and or top trim (bigger engine) vehicles so they are jaded when they get into a car with an engine "as puny" as the 2.5 Legacy.

The Legacy is not much larger than an Impreza that has a 2.0 liter engine. The impreza is far more representative of the type of car found where gas prices are higher (much of Europe).

I used to own a 2012 Impreza Sport, it wasn't a speed demon, but also not underpowered.

I went to the WRX, which was a speed demon or a felt like a corolla, depending upon whether boost was enjoyed or not.

Now the Legacy 2.5 doesn't jump off the line like the WRX, and won't easily accelerate up steep grades (mountain grades like RT7 out of Bennington) but never feels underpowered to me in normal driving and certainly my car is not the slowest sedan on the road.

My butt dyno is satisfied with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, I understand what you guys are saying. My 2.5I '05 was a manual transmission. I think the slowness comes from the CVT transmission. IMO CVT is slow or feel's slow in general. I can prove it's slower because I used to get up to 50 mph from stop sign to stop sign. The 2016 automatic is unable to do the same task. As well when you want the car to downshift it's laggy. Going from 5th gear to 3rd gear with an automatic and paddle shifters isn't the same as slamming it down in to third gear. Also the same engine but the car feels about twice as heavy.

It reminds me of driving grandpa's Cadillac. I am in no way unhappy with the car! I really like the suspension on the highway. At 90 mph it feels like there is an adjustment making he the ride feel very smooth just like a caddie.

Archived