LegacyGT.com

The forgotten colour

Hi all, everyone talks about the colours of the Legacy/Liberty but what about the one left in the corner all alone, Dark Green Mica. Of all the post regarding colour not one has mentioned the green. Is it because: a) Not avaiable in countries other than Australia b) I have missed the posts related to this colour c) It is simply a crap colour By the way, I have never seen one in person in Dark Green Mica, or in any photos on the internet either. Hmmm.....

Hi, welcome to the board. Nice to get so many Aussies around here. The dark green mica isn't available in the US only. It is available in Europe, Latin America, Asia, & of course, Oz. Isn't it the same color as the dark green mica on the WRX? I think that is a very unflattering color myself, but that's just opinion. It looked good on the GF/GM? Impreza, but it just isn't right on the newer cars.

I can wait on WRB until there is a true STi, but I really like the Urban Grey. I would bet a heap of money that Australia will get Urban Grey for 2005. Shouldn't your 05 models start appearing in September? I know that is the beginning of the first models for Latin America, and I thought that Europe/Australia was on the same scheduling. I know that Europe is the same.

As "keen" as I am on WR Blue, I do think that should be reserved for a performance model, HINT STi. However, I would like to see chrystal grey, and very very much like to see San Remo Red! I've seen green on outbacks, and it looks ok, due to the two tone mouldings, but the legacy just doesn't look right in dark green. It's too angular and modern. dark green looks good on Jags, and other cars that are more classically styled. Blue, black, silver, and red are more suited to the wedge, modern design. Saw a black over tan-moulding previous-generation outback SEDAN on my way to work, and I see a dozen OB wagons, but this is the only OB sedan I have ever seen, I think. It's something you know exists, but is so rare that you really notice it when you see it. I think a Legacy GT would be about the same in my area. I can't remember the last time I saw a legacy sedan or wagon... certainly not often.

[quote name='MarkC']What makes you think that Australia will get Urban Grey colour? What is Urban Grey anyway? What cars have it?[/quote] My supposition is because Australia and Europe tend to get most of the colors that Japan gets (moreso than the US). It is at least a decent possibility. As for the color, check out this thread about [url=http://www.legacysti.com/viewtopic.php?t=749&highlight=urban]JDM Revision B model[/url] This is EXACTLY what I want- low painted rails, clear lenses, grey paint, and [putting on flamesuit and hope for no other comments] the bumpers [/putting on flamesuit]: [img]http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/touringwagon/lineup/03/imgs/w2.jpg[/img]

Hey Mark, In Reference to yr first post, YUP C) scrap it. Cant understand for the life of me, why any car marker sprays a car that colour with white undercoat, its the most bizarreeee thing in this world. As discussed in previous threads and again here, the STi colours including the White, Grey and WR Blue should be strictly only for STi, as this would retain purchase price and sex appeal etc etc etc And oh yeah PPower, got it in one, we do seem to be in favor with the boys at Fuji regarding colours and some of their tastier specs, just have to shoehorn that 2.5 in there now and we are laughing. And also re yr question on MY05 spec, if I ordered my new GT 8 weeks ago which would now been on the scrap heap (aka my accident) I would have had the 05 specs so they are coming out soon. Not sure what the sutle differences are but will try and post soon as i find out.

My understaniding is that there is no dofference with the OZ 05 spec liberty GT. Only difference is that they have added a manual version and dropped the standard GT. All OZ spec GTs now have the premium pack as standard. There has been some minor changes across the liberty range for 05 model however this mainly relates to number of air bags for each model. Regards John

Archived