LegacyGT.com

Rear door stuck

My rear passenger side door is stuck closed and the lock will not move manually or with the lock button. Can I remove the door panel from the inside and free whatever is stuck in there? I've already located 2 screws behind the handle and assume there is another behind the door pull as well.

• I Donated Too
You are correct about the location of the three screws... and then you have to pop the clips off around the bottom edges and pull away and lift up slightly and away as the top sort of hooks over the door frame. Interested in how you get on... taking it off with the door closed I haven't tried. Someone else recently had a similar issue and the suggestion was get some slim jims in and try and open the door. I do not know what's possible.

I had the same issue with my car a couple of weeks ago. It got some water in there and froze. After I parked it inside for a night, it worked again.

You can get the panel off with the door shut. It's a PITA, but it can be done. Move the front seat all the way forward to give yourself extra space. There will be a plug on the door near the handle and two cables (one for the door lock mechanism and one for the door handle mechanism). They unclip and come out. You'll have to pull the door panel plastic off as well. It's stuck on really good. A hair drier or heat gun will help soften it up.

Quick update, it is actually quite easy to pull the door panel with the door stuck shut. Pulled it and found nothing obviously wrong. I cycled the lock cable a few times manually and then the door worked again. Good enough.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Archived