LegacyGT.com

Saw a spec B in person

it's partly because there is no window in the 3rd row passengers' line of impact. all the pillar materials exposed are soft, impact safe. there is also re-enforced steel throughout the D pillars. Tribeca recently received Quadruple 5 Star crash tests from the government.

Good point. I noticed that myself. Still, the thought of my 4 year olds (2 of em) vs. that pillar as opposed to a curtain, is making it a hard sell for me, and more so for my Volvo driving wife.

I still like the b9. There, I said it again!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i can understand that. keep in mind, the curtains drop down for head protection, and most likely wouldn't even be low enough for a 4 yr olds head... personally, i'd rather have a re-enforced solid body structure to protect against intrusion, whereas the airbags aren't meant for this. but i'm certainly not downplaying the roles and benefits of curtain airbags...considering how much space is between the sides of the rear panels and the actual occupants, with 8" wide wheels, alone there's a bunch of NRG absorption.

i can understand that. keep in mind, the curtains drop down for head protection, and most likely wouldn't even be low enough for a 4 yr olds head... personally, i'd rather have a re-enforced solid body structure to protect against intrusion, whereas the airbags aren't meant for this. but i'm certainly not downplaying the roles and benefits of curtain airbags...considering how much space is between the sides of the rear panels and the actual occupants, with 8" wide wheels, alone there's a bunch of NRG absorption.

That seat back there is soooo small that only a 4 year old would fit. +, they would most likely need boosters for the seatbelts. It would get them pretty high.

Archived