LegacyGT.com

Light Show in Vehicle

Hello All,

New member here. Please be kind :)

2017 Legacy 3.6R.

I got a flat tire over the weekend and when I went to change the tire I got every check light ON!. I eventually restarted the car and everything went away EXCEPT the check engine light. I drove it around and it stayed. So I naturally made an service appointment with the closest service center for the following day. That morning I started the car and the check engine light was gone. I went to the service center anyway and they said that there is nothing they can do since there is no light. Isnt there any diagnostic they can do? Recommendations?

Thanks.

Billy.

Hey there and welcome to the forums. It's unfortunate that they did not at least attempt to pull codes. Just go to a different dealership to see if they can pull codes or run a diagnostic and don't take no for an answer.

I've heard people mention that it's something with the gas cap or something on a new car.

I had my CEL come on with only a few hundred miles on the vehicle.. got serviced at the dealership and they said that my gas cap wasn't on tight. Which didn't make sense to me because I remember pulling my gas lever and tightening my gas cap.. but the CEL was still on after that. Who knows what happened, but the CEL hasn't been on since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... they said that my gas cap wasn't on tight. Which didn't make sense to me because I remember pulling my gas lever and tightening my gas cap.. but the CEL was still on after that.

In case of a loose fuel cap, the CEL will remain lit for some time (i.e. several start cycles) after the cap is properly tightened. Also, in most cases a diagnostic trouble code will be stored in the on-board computer(s), and can be retrieved, even after the CEL is canceled.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

probably something related to the TPMS system, aka tire pressure. Not every check engine light is due to a gas cap.

That said, if they checked it and cleared the code, or the code disappeared, nothing you can do about it now.

If you get a code reader, you can see what is wrong before the code goes away, or the dealer clears it.

probably something related to the TPMS system, aka tire pressure. Not every check engine light is due to a gas cap.

That said, if they checked it and cleared the code, or the code disappeared, nothing you can do about it now.

If you get a code reader, you can see what is wrong before the code goes away, or the dealer clears it.

TPMS is its own light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived