LegacyGT.com

Blackstone Report/Good news

Should be 3 banjo bolt filters

I am aware of the two on this thread, where is the third?

Also for the record, just because I can go 5500 miles on my next oil change doesn't mean any other car can. Please get a used oil analysis to see how your car is doing before extending your OCI. I'm not taking any responsibility for someone blowing up their car just because I got a good UOA back.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Shameless plug. Some cars have filters in the oil control solenoids, my 04 FXT had them but 05 LGT didn't.

Correcto on OCI's! Everyone's driving conditions are different thus intervals will vary greatly. Sadly with all manufactures advertising 7k+ OCI's (with small print saying it doesn't apply to everyone) I think we will see more dead engines with city only and traffic drivers.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

• I Donated Too
Shameless plug. Some cars have filters in the oil control solenoids, my 04 FXT had them but 05 LGT didn't.

My 05GT Wagon did have filters before the oil control solenoids - which I didn't know about until one broke up and jammed one solenoid into advance. Fun drive to work that morning...

I believe keeping the proper amount of oil in the motor is vastly more important than the type (conventional or synthetic, and the weight) and the interval.

There are guys here on the forum with over 300k miles on the OE turbo motor using only conventional 5w30 dino oil.

It's worth noting that one of the few with that many miles is HAMMERDOWN, who has a bypass/secondary oil filter setup that filters oil down to 2 microns and expanded oil capacity.

Yup 4.5 quarts of oil is a small margin of error in any motor, especially one that's designed horizontally with a turbo attached to it.

They are great motors if you pay attention to two things - the amount of oil in the motor and the ECU tuning.

Copy/paste of other thread. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/reliability-modifications-178342.html

Want your turbo to last as long as your motor. In short, check you oil level often & top as needed. Use whatever oil & filter that will protect for the OCI's your running. OA's is the only way you know that your oil & filter is up for the challenge. After that IMO no OA's are needed.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Archived