LegacyGT.com

2017 windshield replacement with Eyesight

1000 miles on car and BAM , rock from a dump truck hit the windshield. Can't be repaired has to be replaced. I called the dealership and they said aftermarket is fine and the Eyesight does not have to be calibrated.

Anyone have any more insight on this?

I guess get it installed and roll on, not rock on !;)

Thanks!!

Tell your dealer to RTFM!

2015 Legacy/Outback Factory Service Manual, page GW-37:

CAUTION:

• For model with EyeSight, always remove the glass - front window after the stereo camera is removed.

• For model with EyeSight, always use Subaru genuine windshield glass specially designed for Eye-Sight. (If the windshield glass other than the glass specially designed for EyeSight is used, the visibility of the camera is blocked or the distortion of the glass prevents the correct measurement of the object, resulting in the EyeSight abnormal operation.)

• For model with EyeSight, if the windshield glass is installed after removal or replaced, always perform the “Inspection” and “Adjustment and check” of the stereo camera.

[Emphasis present in original]

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

That sucks man but I feel your pain, got a dime sized chip at 986 miles on Easter Sunday.

Are you sure it can't be repaired? I paid like 65 bucks to get it fixed structurally. Aesthetically it is noticeable but I'm now at 12,800 miles and have a bunch of little chips too. Planning on waiting until it gets really bad until a full replacement. The strength of the glass really is pretty pathetic.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

That sucks man but I feel your pain, got a dime sized chip at 986 miles on Easter Sunday.

Are you sure it can't be repaired? I paid like 65 bucks to get it fixed structurally. Aesthetically it is noticeable but I'm now at 12,800 miles and have a bunch of little chips too. Planning on waiting until it gets really bad until a full replacement. The strength of the glass really is pretty pathetic.

Find out tomorrow if it can be repaired. It's just under a quarter in size, so maybe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Find out tomorrow if it can be repaired. It's just under a quarter in size, so maybe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmm, maybe. I didn't go through the dealer just an FYI, just one of those glass repair shops. Guy came out to me and did it while it was flurrying. Took no more than 10 minutes

Archived