LegacyGT.com

SPT exhuast for our 2.5 GT's?? or .....

since my car was involved in a car accident, and my catback got all fed up, it will be replaced. I was wondering if subaru offers any type of aftermarket exhaust for a 05 LGT??(SPT, Borla) If there is a aftermarket system out that subaru stands by please inform me

if not i will just have them replace the catback with another factory set up

I'm sure the factory cat back will cost the same if not more than some of the systems out there, but knowing some dealerships are worse than other's i would rather just have a system that not going to give me those headaches,

my car only has 2000 miles on it i don't plan to do mods that i cant take right off un till i reach 10k+ miles

side note.

My car is at the body shop as we speak waiting for the insurance adjuster to look at it, my car is also stuck in second gear, this could be due to the exhaust getting pushed 6 inches back under the car and jamming or pinching something or could be a problem with my rear diff..

^ +1....this thing is lagging behind almost as far behind as Cobb's schedule. :lol: Sorry, just a good-natured dig at the nature of aftermarket parts, no insult meant to the good guys at Cobb Tuning. ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

ROFL - or, the custom-knives industry. :lol:

----

Hum.... above, I said "behind...behind." Now that's pretty darned redundant redundant - but I guess in this case, strangely appropriate! :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Bosal is developing Subaru's SPT cat back system.

http://homepage.mac.com/kevinhamel/Legacy_GT/iMovieTheater22.htm

I am not trying to hijack this thread, but I started a thread asking anyone's opinion on an "almost" silent muffler system, aside from stock muffs.

As for Bosal, once that system becomes an SPT item the price increases by 200%.:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

The systems are in production as we speak. They will be shipping in about 4-8 weeks. The only thing I need to get approved is the box that they come in. Everything else is approved, and have been on several of SOA's Legacy's. Just please be patient. The list price should be around $850.00 or so.

Hmm is it allowed to get aftermarket parts if you car was in an accident? Like if you get the check from the insurance company do you HAVE to get OEM to replace? Is that like part of the rules of the claim?

Or do they just give a check and say do whatever you need to to repair the car? It seems that if that were the case you could get like new rims, tires, exhaust, grill, etc etc. if you were in an accident all for nothing b/c the ins company is comvering it?

Anyone know?

Tell the auto-body shop what parts you want, and where to get them. If they are willing to please you, they should have no problem replacing certain items with aftermarket ones. I wouldn't go crazy (ie- ECUs and expensive rims), but for most items (like badges, exhausts, moldings/skirts/body kits) I don't see why they wouldn't "help you out". Remember, they get quoted from the insurance co, based on rediculous OEM prices. If they can fix the car for less $$, and make the customer more happy, then why not? The less $$ they spend fixing the car, the more they keep. Just make sure the parts that matter (egine components, electricals, valves, gaskets, alternator, etc) are the REAL DEAL OEM.

do a search

(sorry....i don't think the link i provided works anymore)

http://img450.imageshack.us/img450/3384/catback7tq.jpg

So the Bosal/SPT has no resonator, huh? That's nicer than I thought it would be, plus 3", polished, Subaru-backed, all for $850. I'm 100% satisfied with my Borla CB, but the Bosal looks real nice.

Curious...what's that "lump" on the right side after the pipe splits?

The systems are in production as we speak. They will be shipping in about 4-8 weeks. The only thing I need to get approved is the box that they come in. Everything else is approved, and have been on several of SOA's Legacy's. Just please be patient. The list price should be around $850.00 or so.

and these will be available through the Subaru dealership as a Subaru "SPT" or "STI" part? I'm thinking of using Subaru bucks here.

My guess for the resonnator is that it may help equalize or better tune exhaust "tone" due to the piping differences per side.... Still, anyone's guess. :)

Archived