LegacyGT.com

List of parts to replace?

Ok. Long story short. Bought an 06 OBXT for too good of a price. Had a misfire code. Thought. Ok. I can work with that. Days later the turbo blew and wrecked everything.

Now I'm rebuilding the whole thing. I've seen the turbo failure sticky but didn't see an actual list of things to replace regarding rebuilding the whole engine. So. I'm looking for recommendations based on what I have or do not have so far.

List:

New OEM shortblock

Complete gasket set

Heads are getting a valve job, replacement valves and machined at a shop right now

Oil cooler

Oil pan

Oil pickup

Oil pump

BNR-16G

IAG stock location oil line upgrade

EL headers

Catless up pipe

All banjo bolts pulled and filters pulled as well

Plugs

Timing belt kit

Turbo coolant reservior

Probably coil packs while it's out and easy. We have a good source for used parts in CO

Going through vacuum lines/hoses for anything weak

I believe that's all I have or is in the mail at the moment.

Things I'd like advice on reusing or not:

Intercooler

Dipstick and tube

Oil fill tube and cap

Oil pan baffle

Left side AVCS line

AVCS solenoids themselves

How to best clean the valve covers? (Lots of degreaser and scrubbing?)

This weekend is going to be a lot of meticulously cleaning everything while I'm waiting for the heads to be done this coming week. Can't really do much with the new short block aside from marvel at how clean and new it is haha.

I'm sure lists like this are posted a lot. Sorry in advance for the redundancy. Just want to make sure I'm setting this build up for success.

Also. Any rebuild tips or tricks in general are welcomed. I've never done a rebuild. I do however have an awesome friend who knows a lot about these engines to help. And the factory service manual. Plus. There's people on here that have probably done this a million times and it can't hurt to have too much information.

Intercooler - you may want to replace anyway if you want to go stage 2, but unless your compressor wheel sent shavings into it, no problem reusing it.

Oill fill tube/cap, dipstick and tube, oil pan baffle, avcs, etc. - no need to replace. Just clean.

No need to replace turbo coolant reservoir either.

Consider putting a better clamp on the turbo drain hose.

check the stickys here, http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/engine-rebuild-threads-engines-only-142.html

My click here link has some tips too.

You'll want to talk with Dave of Cryo Performance http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/finally-got-cryotuned-youi-194437.html he's close to you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Intercooler - you may want to replace anyway if you want to go stage 2, but unless your compressor wheel sent shavings into it, no problem reusing it.

Oill fill tube/cap, dipstick and tube, oil pan baffle, avcs, etc. - no need to replace. Just clean.

No need to replace turbo coolant reservoir either.

Consider putting a better clamp on the turbo drain hose.

Awesome. Just going to have a cleaning party then. Still thinking about an intercooler. The old one got some melt on it and I haven't tried to flush it yet either. I'll be getting to it tonight.

check the stickys here, http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/engine-rebuild-threads-engines-only-142.html

My click here link has some tips too.

You'll want to talk with Dave of Cryo Performance http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/finally-got-cryotuned-youi-194437.html he's close to you.

Welp. Now I have some weekend reading materal. Thanks!

I've also already been in touch with dave. Going to get that going as soon as possible after she's up and runnung. Not even going to drive it until it has a break in tune on it.

Archived