LegacyGT.com

Land Shark Build Thread - Use the right head gaskets

Small update:

My does have the Alpine keyless entry system. The FCC ID on the keyless entry system matches the keyfob I have.

I managed to figure out the key to programming the remotes with the Alpine keyless entry system. I'll explain the steps I took.

1.) Open the driver's side door, find the module under the dash and unplug it. The interior lights should turn off and the door lock buttons will fail to work.

2.) Wait about a minute and plug the module back in.

3.) Close the driver's door, hit the unlock button on your door, and hold down the brake pedal until done programming.

4.) Cycle your key to the On and Acc position at least 10 times. The horn should beep once. Leave the key in the On position.

5.) Open and close the drivers door completely. The door open indicator light should illuminate and go out.

6.) Press any button on your remote. The horn will honk twice signaling the remote is recognized.

7.) Turn the key to the off position and take the key out and release the brake pedal. The horn will signal 3 times to exit programming. Open the door and test your fob.

Every instruction I found online for programming the Alpine system says to cycle the key between Lock/Off and On. Some instructions omit the importance of holding the brake pedal during the entire programming procedure. Others say to leave the key in the Off/Lock position. These were all incorrect.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

500 miles on the rebuild and it's going strong. Not one issue with it after replacing the knock sensor and steering rack.

A little tip for those searching for a knock sensor: Don't spend $100 on a new one from the dealer! I found this one for under $10 and it fixed my problem. No issues 500 miles later. I even hooked up my code reader and did a random check to see if there were any codes pending that haven't thrown the CEL, nothing, nada!

Archived