LegacyGT.com

Ebay exhaust reviews?

• I Donated Too

You get what you pay for. If you like it and it makes you happy then it was the right choice.

Otherwise you may want to consider some second hand systems of more well known quality can sell for around $600 which is well over twice the price of the eBay part new.

Use your best judgement but don't be surprised by the drone, rattles, how quickly parts will rust never mind the fitment issues - but the price might be right and you can overlook all that?

I had one. It was pretty loud and droned BAD, but it sounded okay. Rust/corrosion were also huge issues. For a Sunday car ,it would be fine, but on a daily in the midwest I was polishing the chrome every three months.

You'll notice most on here that have those ebay exhausts (at least with the ebay mid-pipe), don't hang onto them very long.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Also, seeing as you have a wagon the drone is a big issue to pay attention to.

Seconded. That's the major reason why my eBay exhaust is sitting in the garage right now. Even with a (granted, crappy) resonator on there it was so loud past 65mph that I finally just took it off. It's brutal at times. Especially with a raging hangover! :lol:

I think my next step will be either a quality loud exhaust, or more likely, AVO mufflers.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Every eBay Legacy GT/OBXT exhaust I've heard (in person) sounds absolutely awful. Volume: loud, drone: lots, build quality: based on other eBay exhausts I've installed, can assume that it's not great. That specific exhaust also for a LGT, so the tips would sit tucked behind your bumper if I'm not mistaken.

Since the OBXT aftermarket catback market is pretty slim (only I know of is Nameless Performance), you may want to consider getting a custom one made. I had a single tip 3" catback made for under $500.

Looking at this for my 09 XT- http://www.ebay.com/itm/172274744780

Looking to see if anyone here has experience with this exhaust. Wanting to know noise volume, drone, build quality. Any review will help. Thanks

I bought something similar off of ebay. Some generic stainless catback kit from DNA racing. The listing said that it would not fit my 2.5i special edition. However I assure you that it does. They mid pipe is the same on my car as the gt one. Fitment of the kit is a solid A- . And the sound this thing makes at WOT is loud as frig. But this is my first real exhaust kit I have bought, I have no complaints. I smile every time I start the car up. Plus I only paid $236 for the kit.

Since the OBXT aftermarket catback market is pretty slim (only I know of is Nameless Performance), you may want to consider getting a custom one made. I had a single tip 3" catback made for under $500.

AVO makes a fantastic axleback for the OBXT. It's a rather quiet, but classy rumble. It's not cheap though... IIRC about $650

Archived