LegacyGT.com

New '06 LGT

Hello all. I've been lurking around for a while considering buying a LGT. Finally I took the plunge and just picked her up Wednesday. '06 OBP Limited. Seems like a very nice car except the passenger bum warmer doesn't work! Parts are on order but it could be a few weeks. My gf is not happy...

Thanks for the welcome. BTW, does anyone know if the bosal divorced DP I had on my rex will fit my new car? If so, do you think there will be issues if I remove the heat shield? I've been reading the crucial DP install thread and people seem to be pretty concerned with heat soak, especially since it's not coated. Also (perhaps this thread starting to be in the wrong forum) do I need to order new gaskets from Bosal or can I get them anywhere? I've never done a DP install and was thinking of getting adventurous.

The Rex DP more than likely will not fit without an extension - however, I'm not 100% positive on this, so someone please correct me here If I'm in-error. :)

And actually.....

The Crucial DP is coated - cerametallic, and actually works pretty well to keep the heat in-check. ;)

Although I don't recommend this, both brother jedimaster and I have "finger-tested" this piece.

You can get all the gaskets you need from Crucial - just pay for their copper DP-to-turbo gasket, as the OEM turbo-to-DP gasket will cost just as much when shipped from any on-line shop or purchased locally from a dealership. The Crucial DP will come with a standard replacement gasket for the DP-to-mid-pipe connection which will more than suffice for this application. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I too have a Bosal WRX downpipe leftover that a friend is buying soon.I also have a Crucial DP on its way to me.I'll try to compare the two side by side and see if the Bosal will possibly fit on the Legacy.

Probably the end of the week.

welcome aboard

Rudy

Archived