LegacyGT.com

Bent fin on turbo impeller

So I'be had my car torn down for about a week and a half to have the heads rebuilt (09' GT). I had checked the turbo impeller from the exhaust side for any shaft play and it's still nice and tight.

My brother was poking around the garage yesterday and took a look at the inlet side and noticed one of the fins was bent. I didn't even think to check that side. All that comes to mind is three years ago I was changing and air filter and there was a tear in the filter and a small mouse nest. So if it did happen then, it's been running fine for a while. If it didn't happen then, I have no idea how or when it did. I checked the entire intake run for any tears or holes and came up with nothing.

Anyways, it has me anxious now that I've found it. Any thoughts? This look like a ticking time bomb? Was afraid to bend it back and crack it, not sure how well the fins would bend back without cracking.

cde37cb88ae999bb754182e5d1a9f216.jpgcaa2bc803d1c05897b2f09f8a9f05c0d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contact Mike Kinsman of www.tuningalliance.com and have him rebuild that for you.

He's in Vernon CT just off exit 65 on rt84. Tell Mike I sent you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Max, maybe you can recommend a good gastroenterologist?

:lol:

He's got a quota to meet!

Sorry, luckily even at my old age, I still don't have to worry about those type issues.

But hey, if you need your account hacked...I do know a guy at Google...

;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived