LegacyGT.com

Battery Drain....?

So does anyone else have a slow battery drain, on their 06 B? Whenever I have to park my car longer than a week, I will have to jump start it. I do not have an aftermarket stereo, my interior has been left stock, I welcome all ideas.

I took it to Chaplin's in Bellevue twice... they could not find anything wrong both times.....

Thank you.

This kind of problem can be tedious to diagnose, but one way of doing it is with a multimeter or circuit tester. With ignition switch off, you would test each fused circuit at the fuse box to measure current flowing. There should normally be zero current. Maybe a few milliamps for alarm, clock and keeping radio stations in memory.

Here is a how-to article showing the process:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a5859/how-to-stop-car-battery-drains/

Just thought I'd mention two common causes of this issue (on many cars, not just the Legacy). 1) Trunk light stays on when trunk lid is closed. 2) Car alarm draws more power than normal when ignition is off.

So one guy had to trade his in and the other guy had some issues with the backup lights, I am still trying to go through my fuse box to determine my problem.

I am going to wire up my JDM Head lights hopefully this weekend, and my JDM Folding mirrors, and then during that time, I hope to discover the slow battery drain. However it is such a low pull, that I am under the impression that it will be a stroke of good luck if I ever find it. My hope is that I fix the problem as I am messing around with new wiring.

Thanks for all the help. More suggestions are always helpful and welcome.:cool:

So one guy had to trade his in and the other guy had some issues with the backup lights, I am still trying to go through my fuse box to determine my problem.

I am going to wire up my JDM Head lights hopefully this weekend, and my JDM Folding mirrors, and then during that time, I hope to discover the slow battery drain. However it is such a low pull, that I am under the impression that it will be a stroke of good luck if I ever find it. My hope is that I fix the problem as I am messing around with new wiring.

Thanks for all the help. More suggestions are always helpful and welcome.:cool:

I would suggest holding off on any electrical modifications until you've resolved this issue.

I would suggest holding off on any electrical modifications until you've resolved this issue.

I would also start checking all the interior bulbs - shot in the dark - but sometimes just pulling them out and putting them back in can help - also look for any corrosion on them?

You can also try turn signals and brake lights for loose/corrosion?

Check your battery terminals as well - are they clean or covered in white corrosive powder = clean the battery terminals?

But yeah no new electronics until you solve this is a better plan.....

Archived