LegacyGT.com

FSM Weather Strip Location

I can't, for the life of me, tell where in the FSM the procedure for removing and replacing the weather strips for the doors, in the door jams, is located. I'm hoping to use this info to tell what parts I need to replace to get my windows to seal up correctly without buying all three parts the dealer has listed...

At the top of the very first forum there is a sticky for opposedforces, that the site for the pictures, or use the vendor sticky at the top of this forum with about a dozen or more sites.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/oem-online-subaru-parts-vendors-list-42243.html

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks for the links but I've got the FSM and I have the part numbers for the various weather strips. What I'd like to see is an exploded diagram, which I'm hoping the FSM has, with all of the parts stacked up so I can tell a) how they all go together and b) which of mine are failing.

Perhaps I haven't stated my problem clearly.

The exploded diagrams on the part supplier websites have one of the three different weather strips shown on a given drawing but don't show how all three stack up with each other. Generally, when this happens, I can go to the FSM and it will show all of the parts in an assembly together, filling in the blanks with the part manuals.

I cannot find where in the FSM these particular parts are detailed; the only thing shown, that I can find, is for the weather stripping that is attached to the door, not the body. My hope is that I've just overlooked the diagram I need and someone else can help me find the right page.

I replaced the stripping on the body side just last month and get point out how to do it once I'm back home Monday and shoot some pictures. Since the rear and front door is all one piece, All you really do is feel at the ends where there are some plastic pops and either pull them out with a puller or stretch the rubber around the cleat that holds them.

In the middle of the doors is the hard black plastic piece that has three screws I believe on either side. Pull the stripping out from the channel on the top of the door sides and along the front and back of the black plastic piece to reveal the screws.

Once the whole piece is off there should be another screw I think and the black plastic piece along with a metal piece that sandwich the rubber stripping slide and come apart.

That's just from memory and I hope we're talking about the same piece.

Yeah, I think we're talking about the same thing... There appears to be an upper, lower, and circumferential piece that makes up the seal:

Upper Left: 63521AG01A (covers both front and back doors)

Lower Left: 63511AG01A (no idea on this one... maybe it's the part on the door?)

Circ: 63571AG00BJC (same part left and right. WTF??)

Archived