LegacyGT.com

Free Track Days at Second Creek Raceway, Denver

03Indigo

November 2-6th, since they are closing after this season, they are having a final free track day session. Bring your helmets, sign the wavor, and have at it.

I am going to try to do my best to get out there, but unfortunately, that is the weekend i am moving out of my house, and my MINI cooper goes into storage tomorrow morning until next spring.

So, if anyone is interested in maybe the 2nd, let me know, maybe we can hook up and get a little track time in. I believe they open at 9-10 am and you can drive for free until dusk....about 5pm.

I would be interested. Where do you buy a helmet at? I have been wanting to get one anyway. Can I just get a DOT motorcycle helmet?

Looking at the CMC member clubs there is not a Subie group. :eek:

Audi Car Club of North America

BMW CCA

CECA

Colorado SCCA

DSM Club of Colorado

Mile High Cobra

Motorcycle Roadracing Association

Multi Car Club

NASA/Mile High Cobra

National Auto Sport Association

Nostalgia Racing Inc.

Rocky Mountain Region

Porsche Club of America

Rocky Mountain Vintage Racing

Viper

Z Car Club of Colorado

yes a DOT SNELL helmet is fine, must be a motorvehicle rated helmet, either full face or open face....but no snow boarding or bicycle helmets allowed.

I am a member of ACNA, but know they do not really check what membership you are when you go to sign up...just sign up as a member of ACNA or BMWCCA and you will be fine. This is for free, but they do ask for a donation, and it is customary to put in $10-20 to cover expenses...and sometimes they use this money as a slush fund for donations to the community.

BTW...I have a link at home (currently at the hospital), and I will post a link to a cheap online helmet dealer. You can get full face SNELL helmet for around $70-80, but you can also spend a fortune on a nicer one.

I will be home on Monday and can post up that link for everyone. I have 3 helmets from them, which I will need to pull out of storage if I am going to track day.

well, it is free, you can donate if you want, I did not last year. I had at least 5 friends show up that were not members, but they said they were members of BMWCCA, signed the waiver, and then drove, they also did not donate.

It all depends on your poker face when you sign up...it is hard for them to check, they do not have a roster of the thousands of members on the front range....so how are they going to verify? Just pick a club from the list, and sign up, if you are comfortable with that.

SCCA is the largest group, anyone that does Autocross is usually signed up with them...they sponsor the majority of the events, so that is the safest bet in my opinion.

I am not condoning the use of a club without being a member, but that option is out there and I know it has been done.....take it for what it is worth.

SO say your from the SCCA club. Also I'm going to use my frinds motocycle helmet. THat'll work right. It's a full face with a visor but you can take it off. Also some friends want to come but the'll probably use my car they just haft to sign a waiver too right.

Also will I need to bring any extras like gas or oil, small air compressor. Theres a gas stattion around there right. I dont want to run out of gas or loose air?

Devil']I am in Clarke Farms right now, and yes I know the Pinery.

So it isnt going to be free???

no, it is, just tell them your with a club ACNA, SCCA, or somthing like that when you sign up give them $5 or a donation if your worried and you'll be off.

SO say your from the SCCA club. Also I'm going to use my frinds motocycle helmet. THat'll work right. It's a full face with a visor but you can take it off. Also some friends want to come but the'll probably use my car they just haft to sign a waiver too right.

Also will I need to bring any extras like gas or oil, small air compressor. Theres a gas stattion around there right. I dont want to run out of gas or loose air?

if you do that, you should be fine, but the registration is NOT by car, but by driver. Your car can be driven by anyone, but each DRIVER needs to sign. If they are not driving, just watching, they need to sign the waiver as well, either as passenger or spectator...but that is ALWAYS FREE...only drivers have ever had to pay. This makes it free for drivers as well.

So, if your friends want to drive your car, they need to sign in as well.

your helmet should be fine, that sounds perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not gonna make it at all...major bummer. I have too much to pack to get ready and move out of this house on Sunday. Never realized what 9 years of crap can pile up to be, hehe.

I did hear that they are checking credentials and club memberships. A friend went yesterday morning and had to show the ACNA membership paperwork. Something to keep in mind, but Wednesday was a slow day from what I heard. Friday, Saturday and Sunday are gonna be crazy from the numbers I know are going.

not gonna make it. I have to work and cant get any one to cover me. So crap maybe try a different time. oh I'll be in Parker next week maybe I will drop you a PM HF and check out yo ride. Best of luck guys

Archived