LegacyGT.com

Question about warranty!!!

Risen Saint

Warranty was given to me by the dealership i bought the car from. Came as is 102k miles with extended 85k mile warranty

To my knowledge a warranty will cover manufacturers dfects, breaks, etc with a small to no fee charge?? I mean the service department cant charge me full service on, say, my rear passanger (driverside) door handle mechanism broke.. Heard it fall to the bottom of the door as i tried opening it one day. With this being an example, i technically shouldnt get charged for that work aside from very small handling fees, correct? Can anyone help me with this?

I just dropped the car off about an hour ago at my closest certified suby service center (hope you dont have a lisp) and im im not sure how long they will be..

On another note, i am having them check a few concerning leaks coming from motor, doesnt look too worrisome for now.

Extended warranties can vary a lot. You have to read the fine print to understand what's covered and how much of the cost you are responsible for. There is usually a list of items that will be covered and a list of things that are specifically excluded. The warranty will usually not pay for items if they can blame "abuse" or "lack of maintenance". There is usually a deductible which is per visit and ranges from $0 - 250, depending on the contract.

Hope that helps.

Archived