LegacyGT.com

Japanese import, can you change to english?

Can just rip the nav out which will stop the talking but you'll be stuck with the japanese in the cluster display. You get used to it pretty quick though.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Yea completely normal for jap imports. Other than some random warnings like the 2hr driving notice it's pretty easy to interpret what each menu as you scroll through is saying.

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o594/andy_mac1/image_zpsadbebde6.jpg

I spent some time using google image translate on my phone going through each menu, along with the JDM manual (and a ton of copy/pasting into google translate on that too)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx9x8j77p59edy1Ha2lpSDFVVGM

pages 212 (seciton 3-25) onwards are quite interesting for reading about all the messages

Assume the outback is the 3.0 H6 aswell? The XT outbacks are worth looking into too.

Both are fine inside the tips. Obviously it bellowing out is another story. Water in the exhaust is most often rain/condensation that hasn't had the chance to burn off yet.

it wasnt running water as such was just slippery, that was an Impreza RS, just wanted to check it out.

Yeah the outback is an H6 and mint, Momo Sub wheel with Paddles etc. Just hate the NAV/DVD system, want to punch it when it speaks to me rofl, road rage internally. Must be a way to disconnect her voice?

I wish there was a way to change the cluster trip letter to English though. Then Id just remove the trip computer and use the one on the cluster.

How fast is the H6 outback? It felt quick. Not 0-100 in 5, but close to 7 ish.

Honestly, after driving for a while you get used to not having english text in the dash cluster. Just need to get familiar with the layout of each menu/screen and it's allgood.

Not a clue how fast the H6's are. Depends how aggressively you take off really, fair bit of weight to get moving in these.

Archived