LegacyGT.com

Torque Specs?

Does anyone know the torque spec for the strut-hub bolts?

I'm going to see if I can get a good estimate with my torque wrench, otherwise it's going to be 200 ft lbs.

And while searching for that, I realized how awesome it would be to have a list of all the known torque specs.

Anyone care to start?

I found a thread (Herel) that said the torque (on a 4th gen?) that states it's about 120 ft/lbs. That doesn't sound right. Could someone please verify?

My 2800lb MR2 requires 188 ft/lbs front and rear. I'd think it would be more with a heavier car?

If you need to know torque specs you can call the dealer and they'll tell you

I hadn't even thought of that. I don't have a very high opinion of dealerships. But, I will say, the few times I've dealt with the Subaru people here, I've come away impressed.

When I ACTUALLY LOOKED at the bolt, I understood why it was so low compared to my MR2. It's lobed, whereas my MR2 isn't, so it relies on sheer torque to hold it all together. But, I was pretty happy seeing how easy Subaru made it to dial in alignment settings. Front tie rods are 1 turn for 1mm change, rear toe is lobed with markings, front camber is lobed with markings.

If it weren't for the other aspects of this car, it would almost seem like Subaru had sportiness in mind!

Archived