LegacyGT.com

Fitting Crosstrek rims on a 2015 legacy

I am looking for a slightly smaller rim size for my 2015 limited 2.5i. This is because I need to get snow tires, and good ones for the 18" rims are about $100 more a piece where I am. I came across someone selling a set of 4 rims (17") from a 2014 Crosstrek and I'm thinking of getting them but not sure if they will fit properly. I know the legacy can take that size tire (225/55 r17) because that's what's on the base model but I don't know if anyone has tried it and found success or if the limited' calipers are bigger than the base. The owner of the rims has said the bolt pattern in 100mm offset 48mm width 7 inch diameter 17 inch.

Also the owner mentioned the rims have TPMS as well but would the 2014 Crosstrek tpms work with the 2015 legacy? Are they all the same?

Anyone have any thoughts or previous experiences? The owner is quite a distance away so I can't just drive over and test it easily which is why I'm hoping someone here may have some thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

SF

This would be best directed to the wheel thread as there's already quite a bit of fitment info there.

Anyway the Impreza/Crosstrek use a 5x100 bolt pattern. Our cars use 5x114.3. In short they won't bolt up.

Best bet would be to find 17s from a Legacy/Outback/WRX (check Craigslist and Letgo) or go aftermarket. Key is they need to be 5x114.3.

Also just FYI all recent Subaru models use the same TPMS sensors so if you pick up wheels from another car they'll program without a problem.

+1. Check the bolt pattern of the Crosstrek. I suspect it may be 5 x 100 in which case these won't fit on the Gen6 Legacy which is 5 x 114.3

Also the older Legacy (gen1-5) uses the 5 x 100 bolt pattern so you really need STI rims which have been 5 x 114.3 for the last 10 years or so. Also current model WRX uses this size also but older WRX were 5 x 100.

The wheel size and bolt pattern/specs should be marked on the inside face of the wheel. Just get the seller to confirm it's 5 x 114.3 and you should be OK.

Archived