LegacyGT.com

Help! Stuck 25 miles from home and afraid to drive my 05 LGT

thejazzcat

I could use some quick emergency feedback if anyone is out there and has an idea -

As I was driving home from holiday (altitude 1000 ft lower), I suddenly started seeing consistent fine knock learn values of -2.8 with a stable dam of 1 whenever I entered positive boost.

I pulled in to a gas station to fill up gas in case it was a bit of bad gas/weak pump.

I reset the ecu and realtime re-flashed stage 1 91 and now i get a DAM of .75 consistently on the gauge, even when the car is not even started... anyone know what might be going on? I have 25 miles to drive to get home, am I safe to do so?

Quick replies are definitely appreciated. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't hear or feel anything amiss, just take it easy and drive it home. You may have gotten a bad tank of gas, or a heatshield might be rattling, etc, etc. Or you could be knocking a bit because of the change in altitude, and the knock correction system is doing its job.

Might not be a bad idea to log what's going on if you can.

And DAM starting lower than 1 is standard on the Cobb OTS maps after a reflash. It may add back in as you drive.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

As an update, after some extensive searching I found a thread that claims an ecu reset causing .75 DAM is normal...

Is this correct in other people's experience? If so I may drive the car and see if it pops back up to 1 after a while, and see if I continue to get fine knock learn in the negatives during boost.

Sorry if this is a situation where alarm is not necessary - I have only owned the car for two weeks and gauge paranoia/desire to not have a screwed engine are still at peak levels :S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived