LegacyGT.com

2014 Vs 2015 Legacy 2.5I Limited

LegitLegacy

Hello everyone. I am looking for some opinions as I am deciding between a 2014 and 2015 Legacy 2.5I Limited...

Background: My current lease is about to end on my 2014 Infiniti Q50s and I am looking to purchase a used Subaru to replace it. Im going to miss the performance of the Q50, but my goal is to purchase something used that is reliable, will last a long time and will retain its value. So my choices have been narrowed to either the 2014 or 2015 Legacy.

I like the body styling of the '15 better than the '14, both inside and out. Plus the '15 has better fuel economy. However this comes at a cash premium(although with 2017 around the corner, I think the prices will adjust down), plus I also think there will be additional depreciation off the '15 that the '14 has already taken... so my question is, which one would you go for?

I have driven the '14 but have not had a chance to drive a '15 yet... are they very different?

Thanks in advance

Since your are looking to buy a combination that is available in 2.5i limited in both years, I would probably buy the 2015 6th gen over the 2014 5th Gen. The interior is noticeably nicer and I think it is a better overall looking car.

Since your are looking to buy a combination that is available in 2.5i limited in both years, I would probably buy the 2015 6th gen over the 2014 5th Gen. The interior is noticeably nicer and I think it is a better overall looking car.

Thanks!

I'd recommend the 15 2.5i limited as well - it's a nicer car with a bunch of improvements, including the interior/exterior changes you noted. The 17 Legacy is already on dealer lots, and I wouldn't expect a new model shift until the redesign, which won't be until 2020 (if Subaru continues their normal 5 year cycle)

Archived