LegacyGT.com

Need help after lower the car...

wingedmoon

Did you get an alignment after changing the suspension?

I've just installedthe Tein Basic and now my car pull to the right and the steering wheel is a little off to the right, I would say it is pointing at 1 o'clock. Any Idea how I can fix it?

Umm... Yeah you should always get an alignment after doing major suspension work... It would be borderline dangerous not to do so.

Hopefully you marked off or recognized the loacation of the stock camber bolts. Many alignment shops wont touch these and if they do they will charge you more to adjust them.

Most alignment shops are just "toe and go" alignments and do not adjust camber.

Umm... Yeah you should always get an alignment after doing major suspension work... It would be borderline dangerous not to do so.

Hopefully you marked off or recognized the loacation of the stock camber bolts. Many alignment shops wont touch these and if they do they will charge you more to adjust them.

Most alignment shops are just "toe and go" alignments and do not adjust camber.

Hmmmm... I am planned to do the alignment after the coilover. If I didn't have the camber bolts, will they still be able to ajust it to where it suppose to be?

as a AST apprentice...normally after a shocks replacement...you don't necessary(NOT A MUST, so to speak) to get alignment job done if you do it properly without messing around with the tie-rod...

as for camber..it depends, some cars come with a fixed "circle" camber bolt(ex. camry) hole so regardless of how you work on it, the camber shall remain the same...but when it comes to those oval-like camber bolt hole(ex. VW golf)..for sure it's a better to get a good shop and restore all the alignment figures to the OE spec.

Hmmmm... I am planned to do the alignment after the coilover. If I didn't have the camber bolts, will they still be able to ajust it to where it suppose to be?

The camber bolts come stock on the car. Find a good alignment shop that knows what they are doing they should be able to fix it for you.

Well go my alighment done today but the shop said they can only fix the 2 front and the rear right. The rear left is -1.8 and they couldn't ajust it more with the the camber kit? Anyone know if there are kits for our car?

Woah... how far is your car slammed...

The lower you go the more camber you get. This is the nature of our modified 4 bar multilink rear suspension. The camber is NON adjustable in our cars. I am not aware of any camber kit available for our car.

Auto-Xers and Track guys would KILL to get your kinda camber!

I like the feel of the basic! Not bumpy at all still feels like a wagon but less roll and maybe just a tiny bit harder then stock. I like it alot, I used to run Tein HA on my IS300 and compare to that this one is alot more comfortable. I would recomand to people who wants the looks but don't really care for a bumpy hard feeling.

excellent wingedmoon..haha...I'll have my fingers crossed and wait till mine arrives(dang..probably need another week for shipment)..n install it till like next summer..as in toronto have sum snow n IMO it's not a good idea to put them on just yet..haha

to be very honest I'm satisfy with subaru's setup, just that I want it a little lower and looks better..haha

regards

alan

I like the feel of the basic! Not bumpy at all still feels like a wagon but less roll and maybe just a tiny bit harder then stock. I like it alot, I used to run Tein HA on my IS300 and compare to that this one is alot more comfortable. I would recomand to people who wants the looks but don't really care for a bumpy hard feeling.

re: tiny bit harder than stock

Well stock is pretty soft. I want better handling. I currently have IONs. I could go just a tad stiffer, but mainly want better damping. Are these too mild an upgrade? However, I don't race and do a fairly long commute. I am worried flex would be too stiff, but these might be too similiar to what I have now.

Matt

maybe since his is a wagon so the difference is less significant?? because with sedan's weight + weight destribution..it should feel difference than that of the wagon ?)..

for us sedan guys still need to wait n see, as I don't c many of us getting the basic..

well it's not a big problem getting the flex..as u can have dampening adjustment right?

Well go my alighment done today but the shop said they can only fix the 2 front and the rear right. The rear left is -1.8 and they couldn't ajust it more with the the camber kit? Anyone know if there are kits for our car?

I too had the question about a rear camber kit. I just had my ion's installed today and my rear camber is Left -1.1, Right -1.2...within specs, but just barely. The guy mentioned there was some kind of bolt (I was only half listening) that could be installed to fix it. Anybody know what he's talking about?

Also, my front left caster is 6.8 (out of spec of 6.4 max) and front right is 6.2. Anyway to fix that?

Finally, the ion's ride great, but the rear drop is more than expected. Didn't do a before and after, but it looks like both front and rear were 25mm (not 15mm rear as advertised).

well...it's unlikely you can adjust the caster, but will the pillowball upper mount help under this condition? as far as i know you can adjust the camber with it...

the bolt he mentioned maybe camber bolt?) ...I don't think we can adjust rear camber unless we put some sort of adjustable rear control arm(as some1 said before that our legacy comes with a 4 link rear suspension??) so replace the OE arms with the adjustables links you can adjust the toe in/out and camber *STI do actually have scuh item availiable for the BE/BH series legacy...

BTW...having a little more caster should be ok..as it gives you better steering response @ mid~high spd corners..but @ slow twisties...ur car will tend to act a little slower...

well...it's unlikely you can adjust the caster, but will the pillowball upper mount help under this condition? as far as i know you can adjust the camber with it...

the bolt he mentioned maybe camber bolt?) ...I don't think we can adjust rear camber unless we put some sort of adjustable rear control arm(as some1 said before that our legacy comes with a 4 link rear suspension??) so replace the OE arms with the adjustables links you can adjust the toe in/out and camber *STI do actually have scuh item availiable for the BE/BH series legacy...

BTW...having a little more caster should be ok..as it gives you better steering response @ mid~high spd corners..but @ slow twisties...ur car will tend to act a little slower...

No, it wasn't a camber bolt he mentioned (it was some long name). I have the guy's name from the allignment printout he gave me. I'll call them tomorrow and ask him what the bolt was.

Ok, it's an eccentric bolt. Will that work?

sounds possible...as it's not a completely round cylinder..it should be somewhat similar to the cam lobe(??) which can let the camber/toe beocme variable

did he gave you a quote for that bolt?

alan

sounds possible...as it's not a completely round cylinder..it should be somewhat similar to the cam lobe(??) which can let the camber/toe beocme variable

did he gave you a quote for that bolt?

alan

Nope and per http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20874 I'm beginning to believe it is not possible, but I am going to bother Seth (the allignment tech who told me about the bolt) one more time.

Archived