LegacyGT.com

2008 LGT issue. Loud clunk noise and giving no boost

Okay so last night I was on my way home (20 minute drive) and for about 16 of those minutes the car sounded amazing, I just installed a SPT intake two days ago and you can hear the turbo spool vividly and it was awesome. But a few minutes away from my house I would get boost around 3k like usual, and then at about 4500 the boost would just stop and it sounded as if the boost just completely disappeared. It might sound weird but it almost sounded as if a UFO like in movies had flew away extremely fast. Sounds cheesy but that's what I thought of. And then I took it for a drive later that night to see if it was still doing it and it started to make this clunking noise. I've had the car for a few moths and there's been no problems. Anyone know what it could be?

Geez, that sounds awful. I'd have that thing checked out... sounds like ball bearings in a blender. Do you have a trusted shop nearby? First thing I'd have them do is check behind the timing cover for any obvious issues and do a compression/leakdown test..

Yeah I do have a place somewhat near by. I think I could make it but it is risky. I have a feeling it could be the turbo but I'm not sure. Thanks for the reply!

Have it towed - AAA is easy....

And I wouldn't think Turbo just yet - the Turbo is not spooled at idle... That noise sounds like something else.... (and it certainly sounds bad - but could be something stupid like bad pulley?)

I had a coil pack connector crack and pop off - car would not idle at all and sounded way out of time (duh - running on 3 cylinders....) - but took all of 5 minutes at the shop to find the issue...

Get it to someone who can properly diagnose and let them take a look before being too concerned;)

Archived