LegacyGT.com

well apparently the oil filters are on recall

AWDxBOOST

CONTROVERSY???!!!! Thanks for blowing shit out of proportion.

Please don't turn us into the next NASIOC.

Shit happens, get the good filter and everything will be fine.

HAHAHA

First, you're most welcomed!

Looks like my attempt at sarcasm didn't have the effect I had intended.

Notice that I typed it in "teeny-tiny" little letters.

• 4 months later...

guysd i had used a few black ones on my legacy and had no issues but suposedly they leak

the last 2 oil changes i have had the white one that has replaced the black one. both of them leaked. the first one i figured it was jsut not tight. and when i checked it i could turn it a tiny bit by hand. when i did the next oil change i tightened the new one a ton! and yesterday when i had the car on the lift... there was oil everywhere again! i reached up there and tried to tighten it but to no avail. it was tight. so im thinking to go to some other brand filter other then oem. i have heard that fram is not so hot. so whats a good filter to use? and do u have a partnumber for it? im about ready for another oil change

edit. i either suck at doing oil changes and no one knows (mechanic for about 4 years now.) or subaru sucks at filter making. maybe the subaru needs you to not pre lube the gasket on the filter?

guysd i had used a few black ones on my legacy and had no issues but suposedly they leak

the last 2 oil changes i have had the white one that has replaced the black one. both of them leaked. the first one i figured it was jsut not tight. and when i checked it i could turn it a tiny bit by hand. when i did the next oil change i tightened the new one a ton! and yesterday when i had the car on the lift... there was oil everywhere again! i reached up there and tried to tighten it but to no avail. it was tight. so im thinking to go to some other brand filter other then oem. i have heard that fram is not so hot. so whats a good filter to use? and do u have a partnumber for it? im about ready for another oil change

edit. i either suck at doing oil changes and no one knows (mechanic for about 4 years now.) or subaru sucks at filter making. maybe the subaru needs you to not pre lube the gasket on the filter?

Subaru's white filters are done by Puralator, its a cost reduction. Get yourself the Tokyo Roki AA100 (little black ones). Got them from 1stSubaruParts.com. These are Japanese made and good quality....it's what was on my car new as Subaru still used them for '05 production models.

I've had zero leaking.

i used the black ones from subaru in the first place with zero issues. why did they replace the leaking ones (that didnt leak for me) to non leaking ones (that do leak for me)?

ah.....good question. screw them and by the old ones.

Archived