LegacyGT.com

Teaser pic!

Check it out guys. It finally arrived today!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/chruisser/SpecB.jpg

We recieved number 12! out of 500. It's pretty cool. Sticker on it is 34k. I will say, this car is classy! The color is perfect and the wheels are a lot nicer in person. If they were wider I'd take'em in a heartbeat. We'll post photos by plaftphoto in a few days. Today is too crummy!

Guest *Jedimaster*
TO ALL who want to trade for Spec Bs, A word of suggestion:

SELL your car to people on this board. You'll probably get more than a dealer will give you for trade.

Q F T

ChruiSSer

trade....dealerships won't give you crap for a trade in. lol I wouldn't buy it either. For 34k I could make the legacy a lot nicer!

Couldn't have said it better. After all was said and done I got my GT for just over 24k. With 10K that i saved by not buying the Spec B , if i got the spirit in me i could tune something that would not only blow the Spec B away, but it would also cosmeticaly look like the Spec B should have to be the limited version of the Legacy in the first place. :dm:

what's funny is there is NO VIN plate on the B-pillar, and NON in the engine bay...wtf? I just checked the whole car.... there's a barcode sticker on the drivers door on the underside. It was built in 9/05. That's all it says. It's located in Wayne NJ. PM me for more info. Pics will be next week sometime.

what's funny is there is NO VIN plate on the B-pillar, and NON in the engine bay...wtf? I just checked the whole car.... there's a barcode sticker on the drivers door on the underside. It was built in 9/05. That's all it says. It's located in Wayne NJ. PM me for more info. Pics will be next week sometime.
I don't think the VIN was ever on the B-pillar. Take a look at the October 2005 TechTIPS. It has a blurb about "VIN Plate Location Change." Thank the Lord it was built after the huge windstorm at the end of July in Lafayette, IN.

How many miles?

I wonder if it was a first-run car used for display or evaluation or something at SOA. It should have a build tag, and tire pressure info.

BTW, let us know how the TPMS works... I want to know how to have someone with the subaru data tool turn that function on for a regular legacy. Does anyone know if the sensors are band-clamped to the wheel rim, or are they part of the valve stem, or what?

The TPMS, perhaps the red leather (transferred to a different color car) and the Bilsteins/aluminum control arms are the spec B parts I am interested in.

I'd venture a guess that buying those parts over the parts counter for a regular 05 or 06 Legacy with 18x7.5 BBS RGRs (with the TPMS sensors fitted), full exhaust, and an ECU reflash would do better than a Spec B for less cash.

There is a VIN plate on in the windshield(of course), but where the other tags are, there's nothing. Just holes. The only vin tag is the bar code sticker that says build date on the drivers door. That's it. There's no color code, although it's the titanium silver that the tribeca is available in. I actually didn't notice ANY TPMS systems. Subaru uses the valve stems. What's cool is through the monitor, they set the computer to recieve 4 signals, and then use this cool little tool to set each tire. I don't remember seeing the valve stems though. I'll check again monday. You would need the computer though to have the TPMS. Also the seats actually look brown from a distance. They are nice, but not my cup of tea.

As for the suspension, I'll get the numbers monday if I can. I remember it being $4xx a strut w/ spring for the fronts, and the rears were about the same.

As for miles, it has 11 miles on it. That's about the norm for legacy's and outbacks. For whatever reason they are driven 10 miles from the time they leave the plant in indiana and arrive at our lots. The foresters ALL have had 1 mile on them.... Impreza's average about 7 or 8. It's weird like that.

I saw a Spec B at Bloomington Acura Subaru today; it was numbered 300-something, so maybe they've all been built already. This one stickered at just over 36K. Options included short-throw shifter, spoiler, and I can't remember the rest, although I looked, because I was surprised it was that high.

Archived