LegacyGT.com

Outback on coilies

My 07 (08) is due for new struts. The car feels really unsettled when changing direction quickly, but I think this is a common problem with the small rear swaybar.

Anyhow, I wanted to go the legacy strut and spring option to lower her a little, but instead I'm now toying with spending nearly double that to go the BC BR route (Outback specific)

I have a couple of questions :

Spring rates - I'm thinking of a 5f/4r setup. I really don't want any bounce - my hawk Sti was bouncy with 8/6

Will I able to retain stock ride height with Outback coilies? I know the guys can't with the Legacy specific models.

How low do they go? I'm not after a "slammed" look but would at least want to get the tires close to the fenders at times.

Check all bushings under the chassis.

How much are you planning on spending? You may be in JDM Bilstien range. You could also get KYBs and spend the other half on suspension bushings. The front lower control arm bushings were shot on mine.

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

I think the BC BR's run for a bout $1K, or at least when I convert it to USD.

If I go Legacy KYB's, the struts are about $300 for four and then I'll need to get springs, either aftermarket or from Subaru directly.

The idea was to go coilies so I could lower the car and raise it back to stock height if needed, or maybe in between.

Archived