LegacyGT.com

Power door locks

Hi! I have Legacy L wagon 1995. I bought this car with broken driver door, and I replaced door from another legacy 1997. And now my power door locks does not work. I used cable from new door. I looked on scheme that must be red/green and light green cable. And it is there everything right, but it do not locking. I tried took fuse out, in this case 3 doors locking except driver's door. I have this problem 4 months already and still can't figure out. Help please. And I really sorry for my English!

What proof do you have the replacement door lock worked before you got it? It could be broken too. If you still have the old door, I'd say take the lock mechanism out and install it in the new door.

Everything was working fine except window didn't go down, but after replacement only power locks does not work. Thanks for advice, but that is problem, we moved from old place, and I threw it away. Now I really can't figure out how to fix the problem.

I just know that new door from legacy wagon 1997, but apparently they changed something in locking system.

It sounds like the lock actuator is bad or it's not wired up right. What I'd do is look up the part numbers for lock actuators for your cars year as well as the year of the new door, if they are the same part number then most likely means it isn't miswired/not connected right.

in 95 there was no actuator in the driver door. that door is manual, and triggers the other 3 to open. if you had an alarm put in, there was an actuator added to the old door to unlock it as well.

The door he replaced it with was a 97, is it different wiring on the body side of things?

hmm, thats a good question. i put 98 doors on a 96 and everything worked the same, no keyless entry or alarm tho so there was still no actuator in the driver door. problem with the 95 is theres no real separate wiring schematic for it, so we dont really have a record of the changes that ive found. the doors arent one i had any issues with, so i dont know if there are any changes beyond the speaker wire colors being different

hmm, thats a good question. i put 98 doors on a 96 and everything worked the same, no keyless entry or alarm tho so there was still no actuator in the driver door. problem with the 95 is theres no real separate wiring schematic for it, so we dont really have a record of the changes that ive found. the doors arent one i had any issues with, so i dont know if there are any changes beyond the speaker wire colors being different

I do believe that all 2nd generation Subaru Legacy the same, I have no idea why it is not working, I regret that i throw away my old door, the cable looks the same, even color the same.

It's look like it has actuator

IMG_20161206_140201.jpg

I have a whole parts car if you need pieces with 2 complete drivers doors

id be interested in seeing if the driver door had an actual actuator in it, and not just a switch that triggers the other 3 doors to open. the ones i have all came stock with no actuator, the lock switch that is integrated with the handle is manual lock, but triggers the other doors to open. the 97+ ive dealt with had a separate lock switch mounted on the door, as well as actuators in all 4 doors. those years also had keyless entry as an option i believe. i had to add actuators to both my 95 and 96 when i put alarms in them. the 97 i own i havent checked yet tho, its a driveway ornament still, havent gotten into that project yet.

The door I got was from a 96 Brighton. It did not have the lock actuator in it, but it did have power locks for the other doors. Since my door was all junked up, we just swapped all the internals from the 99 L door into the 96 Brighton door and everything matched up without issue. I know it was a Brighton door because my door molding was mismatched and painted black

Archived