LegacyGT.com

Probably ynansb incoming

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations. Very impressive repair. I wish I had developed the skillset to do these things. Oh what I would accomplish. :spin:

I've never taken on something this big. The most I had ever done was brakes and rotors on my old camry, or an end link. Most of the work I usually did was plugs and oil changes.

Learned a lot and followed the manual on this one.

Taking her out for the first real drive. I finally tracked down a coolant drip this morning(coolant bypass clamp), oil change after a break in, and brought her out of my buddies garage.

I'm sure he's happy to have it back after nearly 2 months.

Hoping for the best. Have to relearn how to drive. The clutch pedal is softer after the new clutch. Still engages at the right point and it doesn't feel mushy so don't believe it's air. Just the new pressure plate.

• 9 months later...
Let's hope the oil rings are still good.

Sorry to resurrect my old thread, but I had decided to read through it when I found this by FJuan.

Prophetic in every way because a seized up oil ring is what the machine shop and mechanic said was probably the cause of the valve burning again. Too much oil in the cylinder leading to excessive carbon build up on the valve seat. Once there's a little escape it just cascades.

Archived